Skip to main content
Topic: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge  (Read 47844 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge

Reply #120
Doing it easy at the moment, we just need to keep building inning's and partnerships all along the way and we're home !! :-D

If we lose a wicket amers I'm coming for you. :)
Sorry. :(
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #121
We nearly lost another then, what sort of crap decision was that umpire giving ??

I totally hate the review system but in this instance, I'll be thankful it was there.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #122
This "umpire's call" is sh1tting me this Test. Watto gets given out and the must've just clipped the vanish. When we appealed in England's innings, gets given not out, and 49.99999% of  the ball was clipping, not change to change it from the 50% needed to overturn the umpire's call. Bell reviewed the exact same one yesterday and the same type of ball just missed leg and it was overturned. I had no problems with Watson reviewing. Could've been another millimetre, as in Bell's case, and the decision would've been overturned.

Reply #123
Can someone point out how Watson being hit on the pad is given out & Bell being hit on the pad is given not out ??

Without the intervention of a computer prediction from Hawkeye, they are identical !!

Reply #124
we are stuffed.........2 wickets too many.  umpires have both been atrocious.  actually, make that all three. And I agree with Warney, Alem Daar is, & has been for a long time, a very poor, over officious umpire.

The most galling thing for me last night.......fatty David Sakers smug smirk on his face when Rogers chipped it to mid wicket.  Never much of an individual in the first place, that was the icing on the cake.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #125
Agar and Starc gone. Could be an early night after all  :(
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #126
One wicket to go and we still need 80 runs. That aint going to happen. We used up our last wicket luck in the first innings. ???
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #127
Unbelievably close stuff now, don't think we would be favorites even with just 4 to win, but we are certainly right in it with a shot
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #128
I think we will win it....England have used up their luck when batting and the wicket is good.
No doubt Anderson will be bowling after lunch which isnt ideal but I think we can get the runs down the other end and have a famous victory.
England had their chance when Finn dropped that catch and its going to be our day....

Reply #130
The issue is that when they come back out, Pattinson is again a number 11, when he was in his stride, he is just out there batting to get runs, but come back after lunch, he has had a fair bit of time to think about a famous victory, a fair bit of thinking of the shots he will play to win the test for Australia, but then he hasn't seen a ball for an hour and it takes one. I think even if it was two regular batsmen, this would be a very hard test to win from here, even though there is just 20 to go. With a lower order batsman it is unbelievably difficult, hopefully he (and this goes for Haddin as well) is up to it.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #131
What a crap way to end a Test !!!  >:D

Reply #132
Lost by 14. There you go. All that effort in the last wicket for nothing in both innings.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Re: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge b

Reply #133
Boof should ask ask the team and country straight up after that,
who should be more afraid and who has more to lose.

Reply #134
Clarke had another great game with the bat....  his record at no. 4 is deadest ordinary.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?