Skip to main content
Topic: Give Me Something Positive!!! (Read 13994 times) previous topic - next topic

Give Me Something Positive!!!

Ok, you lot are bringing me down and its giving me the sh1ts...

All pre season Ive heard how we have recruited and drafted well, and that with a bit of luck we could go well..
I didnt really hear any negatives over the off season, or even during the NAB challenges..
I've been excited to get the footy back and Ive bought tickets to the first 5 games, but now Im starting to wish I hadn't..
Why? Because after one loss against a team who knocked off Collingwood in the finals last year, this whole site has gone into meltdown and is telling me I have nothing to look forward to for the next 3-5 years or possibly longer. It seems you guys think Mick is doing us more harm than good and isn't up to it.. Also that our list is stuffed to the point that anyone drafted in 2011 or before should be traded or delisted, and that our board and admin are a bunch of nuffies..
There is nothing but doom and gloom from 95% of the posters on here, and its p1ssing me off how most of you have written the season off after one loss.
Im starting to feel that perception is reality.. In reality we are 0 and 1. But the perception Im getting on our own site is we wont even come close to making the finals and might aswell sack the the coach and rebuild the list.
I was so enthused a week ago, but all this negativity on the coach, the board, the admin and the players is starting to spoil my whole season. So much that its becoming hard to even log on to this site. Whats more, none of you know what the next 23 weeks will bring, but most of you are certain that nothing positive will come out of it..
Its just typical week 1 loss, over reaction...

So I'm asking.... Please.... Just give me something positive that I can hold onto.
I don't want to hear any negatives in this thread, just positives. Therefore I can log onto CSC and atleast have 1 thread that will give me some joy and some hope.

I cant remember a season being written off so early ever, in my time on this site..

Re: Give Me Something Positive!!!

Reply #1
we're gonna smash ninethmond on the weekend. Positive.

The club is adopting a responsible approach with Gibbs, i.e. advising him that they feel its in his best interests to stay, but won't be held to ransom. Positive.

Cripps will play his first game soon. Positive.

Thats just a few, theres a few thousand more, but don't have time to list them all atm
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #2
Bah humbug! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
A week is a long time in football. We have Richmond, Essendon and Melbourne coming up. All winnable (who knows what Essendon will produce and Richmond are very capable of beating themselves), we could be 3-1.

If you want positive, maybe give the forums a miss if we get a decent hiding from Richmond   :P

Reply #5
A week is a long time in football. We have Richmond, Essendon and Melbourne coming up. All winnable (who knows what Essendon will produce and Richmond are very capable of beating themselves), we could be 3-1.

agreed
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #6
we're gonna smash ninethmond on the weekend. Positive.

The club is adopting a responsible approach with Gibbs, i.e. advising him that they feel its in his best interests to stay, but won't be held to ransom. Positive.

Cripps will play his first game soon. Positive.

Thats just a few, theres a few thousand more, but don't have time to list them all atm

Didn't think there'd be a response...  :D

Cant wait for Cripps to play. Really like the look of him. He's as tall as Garry Lyon and he's a mid..  :o

With Gibbs, if we make top 4 this year, I'd be offering him a reduced contract, just to see if it really was about him seeing where the club is going.  ;)
I like what the club have said (if thats what they've said as I haven't caught u with it)

And yes, any win against Richmond is gold.. I couldn't care if its 1 point or 100 points. We just want the 4 points.

Reply #7

agreed

If we lose against richmond, this site will crash.. No one will be able to log on..  :D

But a win against Essendon will fix everything..

I wont even contemplate a loss to Melbourne.. .

Reply #8

agreed

If we lose against richmond, this site will crash.. No one will be able to log on..  :D

stop...... stay positive 

we'll smash the @**&$  >:(

― Mark Twain

Reply #9

agreed

stop...... stay positive 

we'll smash the @**&$  >:(

Must admit, Beating Essendon is the best feeling (footy wise) in the world..  Richmond is 2nd.  Should be a great fortnight. 

Reply #10

All pre season Ive heard how we have recruited and drafted well, and that with a bit of luck we could go well..
I didnt really hear any negatives over the off season, or even during the NAB challenges..
I've been excited to get the footy back and Ive bought tickets to the first 5 games, but now Im starting to wish I hadn't..
Why? Because after one loss against a team who knocked off Collingwood in the finals last year, this whole site has gone into meltdown and is telling me I have nothing to look forward to for the next 3-5 years or possibly longer. It seems you guys think Mick is doing us more harm than good and isn't up to it.. Also that our list is stuffed to the point that anyone drafted in 2011 or before should be traded or delisted, and that our board and admin are a bunch of nuffies..
There is nothing but doom and gloom from 95% of the posters on here, and its p1ssing me off how most of you have written the season off after one loss.
Im starting to feel that perception is reality.. In reality we are 0 and 1. But the perception Im getting on our own site is we wont even come close to making the finals and might aswell sack the the coach and rebuild the list.
I was so enthused a week ago, but all this negativity on the coach, the board, the admin and the players is starting to spoil my whole season. So much that its becoming hard to even log on to this site. Whats more, none of you know what the next 23 weeks will bring, but most of you are certain that nothing positive will come out of it..

So I'm asking.... Please.... Just give me something positive that I can hold onto.
I don't want to hear any negatives in this thread, just positives. Therefore I can log onto CSC and atleast have 1 thread that will give me some joy and some hope.

I cant remember a season being written off so early ever, in my time on this site..

the first quarter was great.... and
my TV is still in one piece too

Reply #11

the first quarter was great.... and
my TV is still in one piece too

See thats what I like.. I was at the game and that 1st 1/4 was excellent pressure.. So as far as game plan goes, it was awesome.. Its just now sustaining that effort longer, which im sure we will as the boys get match hardened and fitter in the next few weeks.

Reply #12
Oscar Judd is an eligible father/ son selection :D

Reply #13
A few young SOS's are  nearing their destiny as father sons

― Mark Twain

Reply #14

Most of the people on this site no nothing about football?  :o :P