Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone got an idea what this is about? (Read 3777 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone got an idea what this is about?

?

Re: Anyone got an idea what this is about?

Reply #1
No one knows for sure. There's been some speculation in the pre game thread.

Reply #2
No idea, but now I'm curious.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
No one knows for sure. There's been some speculation in the pre game thread.
Ah missed that - mods feel free to close this

Reply #4
Gotta be either a sponsorship announcement or a retirement.

...otherwise.....Kreuzer extension?

Reply #5
Malthouse to replace Neil Craig.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #6
I'm told its to announce the redevelopment of princess park.

Reply #7
I'm told its to announce the redevelopment of princess park.

Sounds highly likely ... and good news if that's what it turns out to be  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Virgin Australia has signed on as co-major sponsor for 5 years.

Good news, i guess, albeit a little disappointing considering the hype around the announcement.

Redevelopment of PP would've been worthy of the hype.  :-\

Reply #9
Virgin Australia has signed on as co-major sponsor for 5 years.

Good news, i guess, albeit a little disappointing considering the hype around the announcement.

Redevelopment of PP would've been worthy of the hype.  :-\

Agree - much ado about nothing.

Reply #10
Yawn.........

PS. Just got an email about it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
Yawn.........

PS. Just got an email about it.

Yep

Dear Lods,

Continuing our commitment to inform members first, I am delighted to announce that Virgin Australia has extended its partnership with the Club for a further five years and will remain the Club’s co-major partner and official airline partner through to the end of 2022.

As they do for the entire AFL, Virgin Australia will continue to support our team in arriving ready when travelling interstate with their dedicated, premium service and staff on all flights.

Virgin Australia has been an incredibly loyal partner and their commitment reflects the strong relationship between both organisations. It is an exciting time for the Blues and we thank Virgin for their wonderful support of our club and our vision for the future.

Our announcement with Virgin Australia follows a number of recent partnership deals in 2017, with Hyundai Australia signing on as co-major partner for a further five years, as well as partnerships with CUB and Uber Australia.

As always, I encourage you to support the brands and companies that support our great club.

We look forward to providing great opportunities for our members through these partnerships.

GO BLUES!
Mark LoGiudice

Reply #12
Still, they are going with a live video on facebook.

Supposed to be 930. Got delayed to 950.....reckon people are going to be very disappointed.

Reply #13
Facebook video showed Murphy making the announcement mid-flight en route to Sydney about the partnership with Virgin Australia.

All passengers received a Carlton Scarf as part of the announcement and they did a quick 'selfie' going down the aisle with everyone showing their carlton scarves.

Was an interesting way to make the announcement, but would've been better if we didn't get the email first.....or if it was another announcement altogether, but good news at least.

Reply #14
Still, they are going with a live video on facebook.

Supposed to be 930. Got delayed to 950.....reckon people are going to be very disappointed.

Probably the video was for general consumption...supporters, general public etc.

Continuing our commitment to inform members first...

We got the e-mail so we'd feel special ;)