Skip to main content
Topic: A New Game plan (Read 17927 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A New Game plan

Reply #30
I don't expect to win a lot of games but I expect to see dramatic improvements in effort, our defensive systems and the manner in which we move the ball - simply because the mob running the show seem to be a bit more clued on than the group that was apparently overseeing things last year.  That alone will translate into wins - how many I don't know but there will be some.

I don't think the effect of mad Mick can be underestimated - he ripped the guts from the playing group, destroyed their confidence and preached an antiquated gameplan that was hopeless - no surprise we finished a distant last. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31
- no surprise we finished a distant last.
The 15 passengers we a-holed out of the joint didn't have even a teensie weensie bit to do it with that you reckon?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
The 15 passengers we a-holed out of the joint didn't have even a teensie weensie bit to do it with that you reckon?

Judd, Carrazzo and Bell weren't exactly passengers, but if you subsitute Malthouse, Buttifant, Green, and a few others for them you're probably on the money.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
Judd, Carrazzo and Bell weren't exactly passengers, but if you subsitute Malthouse, Buttifant, Green, and a few others for them you're probably on the money.
Fair call, can I revise the number to 12 passengers?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #34

Mate a toxic culture had developed at the club which made some of our better players want out regardless of what was going to happen next. Thank fork Mad Mick is gone, at least many can now see it isn't/wasn't the board that was screwing the cub, it was Mick. What a disaster he was.

Now that he, Sticks and Swann have all left the club we can move on safely knowing that the people that caused this mess are no longer at the club.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #35
Mate a toxic culture had developed at the club which made some of our better players want out regardless of what was going to happen next. Thank fork Mad Mick is gone, at least many can now see it isn't/wasn't the board that was screwing the cub, it was Mick. What a disaster he was.

Now that he, Sticks and Swann have all left the club we can move on safely knowing that the people that caused this mess are no longer at the club.

Yep plain sailing after they went.
Except for a group of players that weren't committed.
We need to continue the clean out.
Murphy and Gibbs at the end of this year for a top 10 pick each would do me

Reply #36

My god, you are scary crazy sometimes.

How many players wanted OUT of the club once mick was SACKED?

IF Mick was the problem. Why didn't eliminating the 'problem', actually eliminate the problem!
Players still left. Moreso than ever before.

How far down that rabbit hole are you!

Reply #37
My god, you are scary crazy sometimes.

How many players wanted OUT of the club once mick was SACKED?

IF Mick was the problem. Why didn't eliminating the 'problem', actually eliminate the problem!
Players still left. Moreso than ever before.

How far down that rabbit hole are you!
And can I add, if the same 15 left/retired/traded and MM was still coach, supporters would be out the front of Ikon Park with a noose to lynch the bloke and cans of petrol and matches to burn the place down.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #38
After two pre-season matches I'm a little confused right now.

In both matches, we only kicked 4 goals which really makes me wonder what Bolton's new game-plan really is ??

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the guy, I am genuinely a fan of his work, its just that I'm not getting whatever it is he is teaching them.

Does anyone know for sure what is going on ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #39
After two pre-season matches I'm a little confused right now.

In both matches, we only kicked 4 goals which really makes me wonder what Bolton's new game-plan really is ??

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the guy, I am genuinely a fan of his work, its just that I'm not getting whatever it is he is teaching them.

Does anyone know for sure what is going on ??

He's got to go.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #42
WHAT ??????

Well FFS.

Why don't you wait till we've got a strong side on the deck.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #43
Dont have a decent spine or team structure yet, we are still assembling the equipment so I dont think we have reached the point where we can talk about a game plan...

When we finally have all the right players in the right positions then you can teach them a game plan , till then its a bunch of newbies and oldies learning how each other play, so we are not going to be very efficient, not kick a lot of goals or win many games unless some miracle happens....reckon we are two years away from being able to implement a successful game plan...

Reply #44
Dont have a decent spine or team structure yet, we are still assembling the equipment so I dont think we have reached the point where we can talk about a game plan...

x2 Hawthorn were putrid when learning the Clarkson style - once everyone was on the same page, it began working. Bolton will need friends in high places for us to show patience though