Skip to main content
Topic: Blue Rookie Review (Read 1356 times) previous topic - next topic

Blue Rookie Review

Thought people might find this an interesting watch:

2021 @Carlton Football Club Preview | Rookie Watch
https://youtu.be/UTwHGRoU3rQ

Re: Blue Rookie Review

Reply #1
According to the bloke on the left we are a shoe in for the flag...everyone is elite, one bloke is the next Pendlebury the other is the new Murphy at his peak. Durdin a surprise?..not really, Cal Twomey and others had him in the mix early, I like him a lot and out of the three players talked about he would be my pick to make it and a chance to debut round 1.
Parks kicking needs work IMO, two handed ball drop wont work at AFL level when you need to kick quickly and I think he is a fair way off being the superstar our friend on the left suggested.

Reply #2
According to the bloke on the left we are a shoe in for the flag...everyone is elite, one bloke is the next Pendlebury the other is the new Murphy at his peak. Durdin a surprise?..not really, Cal Twomey and others had him in the mix early, I like him a lot and out of the three players talked about he would be my pick to make it and a chance to debut round 1.
Parks kicking needs work IMO, two handed ball drop wont work at AFL level when you need to kick quickly and I think he is a fair way off being the superstar our friend on the left suggested.

Yeah the Pommy does get excited but I think some of the posters were correct. Durdin does seem to have attributes of very good players. Carroll is an interesting one, I really didn't know much about him but everyone I hear from reckons he can play.

Reply #3
Parkes might be an intercept defender but Weitering is already wasted as an elite intercept mark and someone who can kick the eyes out of it, yet our coaching staff leave Weitering mired at FB.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Parkes might be an intercept defender but Weitering is already wasted as an elite intercept mark and someone who can kick the eyes out of it, yet our coaching staff leave Weitering mired at FB.

Thats like saying SOS was wasted at FB.

Anyone who can defeat the best opposition players on a weekly basis is never 'wasted' at FB.

Reply #5

Anyone who can defeat the best opposition players on a weekly basis is never 'wasted' at FB.
100% Krudd, the art and true value of defending has been lost on many, not on this little black duck though. Ive said a thousand times, premierships are built off the back of a solid back 6, always has been always will be.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6

He's wasted because a lot of our team do not run defensively, and when left stranded and outnumbered nobody can regularly defeat 2 or 3 opponents no matter how good they are! So he may as well be taking intercepts out beyond the HBF and turning them into attacking opportunities, leave the chaos creating spud stranded at FB!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
I've always said play to your strengths .... and his is at FB.

Reply #8
I've always said play to your strengths .... and his is at FB.
Despite some perhaps thinking and posting that, I wonder how many bemoaned the need to find an alternative gorilla to play on the big KPFs, our forum in particular some post-game threads are littered with such posts?

Whether some believe that or not, it is a perceived weakness, and yet Weltering's strength is clearly not as a FB despite some perceiving that it is, and some perceiving that it's a weakness!

I do not think Weitering is a weakness in any position, but I do know the kid can intercept mark and kick the eyes out of it, and was probably duded not to win the rising star playing the intercept role in his 1st season, perhaps also hobbled by our own tactics.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Drifting waaay off topic  ::)

Why don't you start a "Where should Weitering play?" thread LP?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball