Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 79895 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #105
I thought Jammo did some OK stuff tonight, but he was surrounded by panic merchants which made his job horrible. The defence wasn't to blame for the 2nd quarter, that was our on ball division being smashed at stoppages.

The torp, dead unlucky, we had 3 players to 1 streaming onto that ball and it bounced backwards over all of them. None of them had the brains to read the bounce. That wasn't Jammo's fault.

Take a look at the highlight of the Yarran goal, check out how it all started, we need more of that not less.

Yarran was arguing with another Carlton defender (I think Henderson) for Yarran not taking his man...there are too many conditional footballers in our Club

Hughes is gone but his decisions will last until such time we remove them from the Club by another recruitment or list management decision

I was talking about the Jammo pass that started off that play. If you go and watch the Dawks or Geelong you see twenty of those a match. Jammo's stands out because over the last couple of years it is the first I have seen from us or anything like it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
Shown up in the fitness stakes.

Couldn't maintain the first quarter defensive efforts.
Skills then fall away.
Tackles drop off a cliff.

But we still could have won so maybe we have some hope.

Take the rose coloured glasses off 79!

It's exactly what happened.

Fitness is key and at the moment we don't have a good enough level.

I'll add another thing. Backlines also get exposed when the rest of the side can't get back to assist.

I'm hoping Buttifant has a plan.

We conceded 6 goals straight from about halfway through the second quarter to about 5 minutes into the third quarter.Players were fresh after half time and three of those goal came then. We had 34 tackles to half time but only 2 halfway through the third quarter.

11 games last year we were 15 points up or more and conceded 5 or more goals on the run.

Nothing has changed.

MM praised that we turned over 25% of the list and only plays 2 new players, and starts a genuine talent as sub and rolls out the same side... Cripps, Menzel, Holmam, Giles, Buckley. Time to bite the bullet Mick

Might be time Shades, but if you are going to play a lot of those kids at once then you better get ready for some pain. We would have lost by 70 tonight with more guys who can't run out games.

Dockers and Hawks will show whats required this year. 4/4 of merciless grinding football.

And that's different from 5 goal losses?

You know it is.

It'about marketing.

This club won't let us go through the 150th celebrations as a whipping side.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #107
Shown up in the fitness stakes.

Couldn't maintain the first quarter defensive efforts.
Skills then fall away.
Tackles drop off a cliff.

But we still could have won so maybe we have some hope.

Take the rose coloured glasses off 79!

It's exactly what happened.

Fitness is key and at the moment we don't have a good enough level.

I'll add another thing. Backlines also get exposed when the rest of the side can't get back to assist.

I'm hoping Buttifant has a plan.

We conceded 6 goals straight from about halfway through the second quarter to about 5 minutes into the third quarter.Players were fresh after half time and three of those goal came then. We had 34 tackles to half time but only 2 halfway through the third quarter.

11 games last year we were 15 points up or more and conceded 5 or more goals on the run.

Nothing has changed.

MM praised that we turned over 25% of the list and only plays 2 new players, and starts a genuine talent as sub and rolls out the same side... Cripps, Menzel, Holmam, Giles, Buckley. Time to bite the bullet Mick

Might be time Shades, but if you are going to play a lot of those kids at once then you better get ready for some pain. We would have lost by 70 tonight with more guys who can't run out games.

Dockers and Hawks will show whats required this year. 4/4 of merciless grinding football.

And that's different from 5 goal losses?

You know it is.

It'about marketing.

This club won't let us go through the 150th celebrations as a whipping side.

Ahh yes. Very good point.

Expect Malthouse to be extended middle
Of the year as well.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #108
People blaming Mick need to get a grip.
We had 10 years of pathetic recruiting under Hughes that is now biting us on the ass. Wasting high picks on Russell, Bower, Hampson, Lucas, Watson, Bootsma etc....

Reply #109

Of the year as well.

And I bet his hand won't tremble either!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110

Of the year as well.

And I bet his hand won't tremble either!

I have doubts about MM, but then I also think Port are a serious top 4 contender.

So I'm not slitting the wrists just yet.

If we lose to the Tigers by 30, then I'm really worried.

We won't though.
Bet your house on it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #111
We are the worst field kicking side in the AFL bar none, it wouldn't matter who coached us because we just don't have the skill.
The endeavour is fine, but we don't have the cattle.

I don't think our recruiting department has done a very good job over the years and we are suffering because of this.  Our 3 number 1 draft picks AT BEST are good players, and I wouldn't put Kreuzer in that category as I feel he struggles as a ruckman and certainly isn't a forward.  Gibbs is classy but doesn't run back hard enough the other way, and Murph is simply a very good player, but not a superstar.  Our biggest problem is our lack of decent kickers in the team.  We have Bell, Robinson, Carazzo, Macinness, Armfield, Walker, mclean. etc.etc... most of which can not kick properly.  The hawthorn model is 'use the damn ball effectively' and to do that you have to be able to kick.    Ratten built this team, so I blame him more than Malthouse, but i do think Malthouse and the club missed a trick by again failing to realise that what we need is a decent key forward and another key back, rather than more mids.     I think we'll win about 6 games this year only.  It will be the end of the Sticks board, possibly Mick and probably a number of senior players including Judd.  I think this will be a good thing.  We need to strip the club right back, and get new people in that are not 'carlton people'.  We need to put an end to the boys club.  We are a disgrace at the moment, and quite honestly, I can't see us getting any better any time soon.

Reply #112
Stop blaming Mick need to get a grip.

Apologist posts like this just mask the reality.

The Malthouse game plan does not suit our list and it may never be effective again given the changing nature of the AFL. As much as there are list changes that need to be made, I can see there are game plan aspects that need changing that haven't. He is professional, he won't be blind-sided when he gets the tap on the shoulder but his pride will take a beating. Next time it's over for MM it is over for good, he knows that, I hope his stubbornness doesn't kill us off in the process!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #113
Bl00dy hell you lot go over board on Mick over one loss...  Get a grip...
Its not Mick Malthouse who instructs players to kick the ball into a smother 10 times a game, nor does he instruct Kreuzer to run under every friggen mark he tries to take.
Im also pretty sure he doesn't instruct Robinson to miss every target he tries to hit... The players need to take responsibilty for this loss..
My man Garlett was useless, Kreuzer is a lost cause, 2e did nothing, Murphy was so unaccountable its not funny,and Walker became Waite like with his brain fades..

Next game id be dropping Kreuzer for Casboult, Robbo for Cripps, Walker will cop weeks so I'd be bringing in Buckley. Watto I'd give another a couple of weeks to see if he's got what it takes.. 

Reply #114
Its not Mick Malthouse who instructs players to kick the ball into a smother 10 times a game, nor does he instruct Kreuzer to run under every friggen mark he tries to take.
Im also pretty sure he doesn't instruct Robinson to miss every target he tries to hit... The players need to take responsibilty for this loss..
My man Garlett was useless, Kreuzer is a lost cause, 2e did nothing, Murphy was so unaccountable its not funny,and Walker became Waite like with his brain fades..

Next game id be dropping Kreuzer for Casboult, Robbo for Cripps, Walker will cop weeks so I'd be bringing in Buckley. Watto I'd give another a couple of weeks to see if he's got what it takes..

Feck me Casboult, one goal in a bannana match at Visy, and your telling us to get a grip!

Sure Malthouse doesn't tell them to do that. But he structures the team, puts the players into their positions and organises the game plan. FFS, next thing you be telling me to ignore him when he sits in the presser and says "I can't believe I'm sitting here!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #115

Feck me Casboult, one goal in a bannana match at Visy, and your telling us to get a grip!

Sure Malthouse doesn't tell them to do that. But he structures the team, puts the players into their positions and organises the game plan. FFS, next thing you be telling me to ignore him when he sits in the presser and says "I can't believe I'm sitting here!"

1 goal is better than the crape kreuzer put out tonight and Kreuzer cant play forward... Casboults Rucking is pretty good, so he's not just in there to play forward...
But if you wanna wipe the season off after round 1, and call for the coaches go ahead..  What a laugh you provide.. I guess 9 coaches will be under the chop after round 1.  ::)

Reply #116
F me. 8 pages of the same "sky is falling" crud over and over again. We dropped the first game of the season to a team who were semi-finalists last year (nearly prelim finalists).

We were 3-0 last year and nearly made the finals without the help of drug-cheating scum.

At times tonight we played the type of football that is going to bring us into contention. I thought it was an improvement on last year.

Reply #117
Kreuzer over Cotchin is looking good now ey lol

Reply #118
F me. 8 pages of the same "sky is falling" crud over and over again. We dropped the first game of the season to a team who were semi-finalists last year (nearly prelim finalists).

We were 3-0 last year and nearly made the finals without the help of drug-cheating scum.

At times tonight we played the type of football that is going to bring us into contention. I thought it was an improvement on last year.

Certainly better than round one last year.

Reply #119

Yr wasting your breath here mate...  The club might aswell tank now and plan for 2018...  Haven't you heard?? We're gone. 2014 is lost already.  ;)