Skip to main content
Topic: Making Failure a Living (Read 1415 times) previous topic - next topic

Making Failure a Living

I'm sympathetic to those exposed to the taunts of cruel members of the general public, and how they can clearly hurt some individuals. But I'm also very skeptical about some people who seemingly turn repeated failures in a lucrative career like a Greek Tragedy!

Is it just me that worries about individuals blaming the Universe for all their problems, and being heartily supported both socially and financially for their sufferance?

It seems we can see the difference between some events, even if we are prepared to make some excuses, collectively we just sort of let the reality filter slide and bunch them all together.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Making Failure a Living

Reply #1
I'm sympathetic to those exposed to the taunts of cruel members of the general public, and how they can clearly hurt some individuals. But I'm also very skeptical about some people who seemingly turn repeated failures in a lucrative career like a Greek Tragedy!

Is it just me that worries about individuals blaming the Universe for all their problems, and being heartily supported both socially and financially for their sufferance?

It seems we can see the difference between some events, even if we are prepared to make some excuses, collectively we just sort of let the reality filter slide and bunch them all together.

Entirely depends on the circumstances and the individual IMO, but I can certainly see your point.  Part and parcel of the human condition.  Is this in the context of football, or something more general?

Reply #2
Entirely depends on the circumstances and the individual IMO, but I can certainly see your point.  Part and parcel of the human condition.  Is this in the context of football, or something more general?
It was prompted by some recent commentary in the media, a few spurious quotes that to some degree seem to be re-writing history.

If someone fails, it's not always somebody else's fault!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
What have i missed? Why is this in the Ladies Lounge??

Reply #4
What have i missed? Why is this in the Ladies Lounge??
I think it may be about Moana Hope giving footy away because of taunts she received? LP?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time