Skip to main content
Topic: SpecialK the new Rowe! (Read 4579 times) previous topic - next topic

SpecialK the new Rowe!

Interesting rumors floating around that we are looking at a starting line-up with Kreuzer, Lobbe and Casboult all playing.

Add Jones and McKay to that mix as all of a sudden we look like a basketball team, even with out the other KPPs.

Could the club be setting up to play SpecialK as the CHB alone side Jones?

We know SpecialK has the endurance and strength, does he still have the mobility and speed he needs to close in on marking contests?
The Force Awakens!

Re: SpecialK the new Rowe!

Reply #1
Interesting rumors floating around that we are looking at a starting line-up with Kreuzer, Lobbe and Casboult all playing.

Add Jones and McKay to that mix as all of a sudden we look like a basketball team, even with out the other KPPs.

Could the club be setting up to play SpecialK as the CHB alone side Jones?

We know SpecialK has the endurance and strength, does he still have the mobility and speed he needs to close in on marking contests?

Why would we mess with Kruezer who had a great season in the ruck and was in the AA squad......?
Going to be a very slow lineup with three ruckman in your starting 22, one of Lobbes problems at Port was he couldnt play other positions
and Trengove was preferred to him....

Reply #2
Lobbe and Casboult move like molasses. Jones is very athletic, and Krooz has great mobility for his size. 

Nobody likes the idea, but I'd like Krooz on ball if Lobbe rucks. Krooz, Cripps, Curnow, Kennedy and others starts to look a lot tougher as a midfield.

Reply #3
Play K as a wing or ruck follower for some grunt around the packs.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
Play K as a wing or ruck follower for some grunt around the packs.

Think I read Kruezer was talking about playing forward more....been tried before and hasnt worked, MK has to be 90% onball IMO to see the best of him.

Reply #5
There's an interview on the CFC website - he said he wanted to hit the scoreboard more, both by rucking in the forward and resting forward...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Why would we mess with Kruezer who had a great season in the ruck and was in the AA squad......?
Going to be a very slow lineup with three ruckman in your starting 22, one of Lobbes problems at Port was he couldnt play other positions
and Trengove was preferred to him....

Really makes you wonder why we drafted Lobbe doesn't it, on top of De Koning and McKay, if Lobbe is not being set for the 1st ruck in the short term then what is he good for?

If we assume Lobbe is not a KPP of sorts, and he is being set for the 1st ruck, then Kreuzer..............?

Is all this SpecialK to push forward for more goals just a smokescreen, because it seems we've tried it all before!

Anyway, it's just an interesting rumor that seems worthwhile discussing.

PS; Could we find that experiences in the backline will eventually make Jones a much better KPF? What we had hoped for Weitering, or could we be again looking at Weitering spending more time forward. I see either as a potential Harry Taylor type, capable of pinch hitting up forward.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Really makes you wonder why we drafted Lobbe doesn't it, on top of De Koning and McKay, if Lobbe is not being set for the 1st ruck in the short term then what is he good for?

If we assume Lobbe is not a KPP of sorts, and he is being set for the 1st ruck, then Kreuzer..............?

Is all this SpecialK to push forward for more goals just a smokescreen, because it seems we've tried it all before!

Anyway, it's just an interesting rumor that seems worthwhile discussing.

PS; Could we find that experiences in the backline will eventually make Jones a much better KPF? What we had hoped for Weitering, or could we be again looking at Weitering spending more time forward. I see either as a potential Harry Taylor type, capable of pinch hitting up forward.

Lobbe is primarily injury insurance.

I think what Kreuzer was implying is that he wants to have greater impact when he does go forward.  I can't see him spending any more or less time as a forward but I would like to see him become more effective when he rucks and/or rests in the forward line.

Kreuzer just had his best season doing 90% of the ruckwork and Jones had his best season.  I doubt whether either of their roles will change in 2018.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Kreuzer just had his best season doing 90% of the ruckwork and Jones had his best season.  I doubt whether either of their roles will change in 2018.

True, but we finished 17th.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Play him on the wing like the Tigers did with Richardson ;)

Reply #12
Lobbe and Casboult move like molasses. Jones is very athletic, and Krooz has great mobility for his size. 

Nobody likes the idea, but I'd like Krooz on ball if Lobbe rucks. Krooz, Cripps, Curnow, Kennedy and others starts to look a lot tougher as a midfield.

Lobbe is insurance as far as I'm concerned.  He'll get a game if Kreuz goes down, coz Philips doesn't provide much injury cover if he's injured all the time.  I know the club sprouted on a video somewhere that Lobbe will play seniors if his form warrants it, but I reckon that's lip service.  He'll get a game if Kreuz or Cas is hurt or needs a rest is my call.  I can't see Kreuz + Lobbe + Cas + Mckay in the same team.  I certainly hope not anyway.

Reply #13
Maybe Phillips is cooked injury wise?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #14
Maybe Phillips is cooked injury wise?

Possibly right and Kreuz's injury history is always there in the back of people's minds.
Reality always wins in the end.