Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday (Read 72833 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday

Reply #45
Of course in the wings are Macreadie and Polson.

I think Macreadie has the tools and running ability to play a HBF/winger role. But again does he displace a Garlett type?

His height (195cm) can only be a bonus?

A versatile player, Macreadie has been used predominantly down back, but was tried as a midfielder and on a wing throughout the 2016 season.

Standing at 195cm, Macreadie reads the play well, shuts opponents out of the game and excels at running off half-back and finding a target. He is a good user of the football, recording the highest kicking efficiency of all TAC Cup player since 2015 with an average of over 15 disposals per game.

Polson, Murph's twin, is now in his 3rd season - turns 20 in March.  From all reports he's quick but where does he fit in/who does he displace...?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #46

I think Macreadie has the tools and running ability to play a HBF/winger role. But again does he displace a Garlett type?

Polson, Murph's twin, is now in his 3rd season - turns 20 in March.  From all reports he's quick but where does he fit in/who does he displace...?

re: Polson...might replace Murphy?....I think Murphy might think about free agency.....have to be a good offer to get him to move though.

I like Macreadie but I think he is more a lock down defender type rather than a player who can play further up the ground

Reply #47
Is anyone going to go tomorrow??  I'm thinking about it.

I'm going.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #48
re: Polson...might replace Murphy?....I think Murphy might think about free agency.....have to be a good offer to get him to move though.

I like Macreadie but I think he is more a lock down defender type rather than a player who can play further up the ground

you may well be right EB, but defenders is one thing we have plenty of - and quality ones at that. i was just thinking out loud as to where he might cement himself a spot....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #49
...........and then there's Nick Graham.  Obviously just making up the numbers.

Reply #50

Polson is entering his 2nd season. I think he'll get another season after this to prove himself, but he looks like a long shot at this stage.

Reply #51
yep 2nd season, my bad....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53
I've just checked the TV guide, and this game doesn't appear to be on free-to-air anywhere, not even Melbourne - can anyone confirm ?

Thanks

Reply #54
I've just checked the TV guide, and this game doesn't appear to be on free-to-air anywhere, not even Melbourne - can anyone confirm ?

Thanks

All the JLT is exclusively Foxtel.

I'm assuming if you have decent Broadband you can pay to watch it on the Foxtel-Now App.

I think you can subscribe for a 30 day free trial of Foxtel-Now, but I am not sure if the JLT is included in the trial. The trap is the sport is a premium pack costing about $30/mth, on top of a basic pack which starts at $15/mth, however I believe you can start and stop at will without penalty. So if you get the basic you can buy a months worth of sport when the time is right.

One reservation I have, even with NBN 100MB Fibre, I find live streaming quality is pretty poor from Australian services. I get better image quality from the UK or USA that I get from local media providers.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55

Thanks

If you are a Telstra customer Paul you could watch it free of charge on the AFL Live App but of course max image size is a 5" phone screen.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56
Thanks LP and cookie, appreciate your responses. Neither option is applicable to me unfortunately, so I might have to just check scores on the AFL website and the in game thread on here. Radio may be another option, although at this writing, the AFL website lists the radio broadcast as TBC. Very helpful.

Reply #58
If you are a Telstra customer Paul you could watch it free of charge on the AFL Live App but of course max image size is a 5" phone screen.

Is that still the case Cookie?  The AFLW is full tablet size.  I will just a tad pizzed off if I have to get the magnifying glass out again.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #59
Is that still the case Cookie?  The AFLW is full tablet size.  I will just a tad pizzed off if I have to get the magnifying glass out again.

I think it is still the case. Some non-live videos are full tablet size I've noticed,  but I think the live broadcasts are shrunk down. However I will check again tonight via my tablet. I think it is due to licensing arrangements with Foxtel.
Reality always wins in the end.