Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Asia Cup (Read 21077 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 Asia Cup

Reply #15
It will be Japan vs Aus for the cup....Oman were very ordinary and their defense looked like my neighbors back fence...it had plenty of holes.
Good to see Robbie Kruse deliver a good game and take some heat of Tim Cahill...

Hopefully commentators can finally let go of their obsession with where our goals come from, 2 games 8 goals and only 1 from Cahill.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #16
What a game Iran vs Iraq that was football drama at it's finest!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
It will be Japan vs Aus for the cup....Oman were very ordinary and their defense looked like my neighbors back fence...it had plenty of holes.
Good to see Robbie Kruse deliver a good game and take some heat of Tim Cahill...

Hopefully commentators can finally let go of their obsession with where our goals come from, 2 games 8 goals and only 1 from Cahill.

:))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18

:))

Tim Cahill is just so consistent at taking his opportunities......dont know how we will replace him...

Reply #19
We'll Japan knocked out by the UAE after extra time and penalties. Biggest shock of the tournament and scheduling really has to be looked at with a 2 day break for Japan for this game vs 3 days for UAE.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #20
Amazing. I have work today and was falling asleep so went to bed at full time. Could have sworn the Japs would win once they equalised.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
What a game Iran vs Iraq that was football drama at it's finest!

Just saw some highlights... best shoot out they have had for some time... and they have had plenty!

Japan and Iran out... not many excuses for the Aussies now?

Reply #22
Must win now for the Aussies.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
Watched the game on TV last night. First soccer game I've watched for many a long year. Great win by the Aussies! Go boys!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
I have to say, that I have been unimpressed with the overall standard of this tournament.  Players with their heads down and running into their opposition frequently.  From what I can see, there is too much run and carry not enough lateral movement and passing.  Still some people like players running at their opposition.  For me you pass and move, not just move.

Still a win is a win is a win.

If we dont win this tournament it will be a failure of epic proportions.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #25
I have to say, that I have been unimpressed with the overall standard of this tournament.  Players with their heads down and running into their opposition frequently.  From what I can see, there is too much run and carry not enough lateral movement and passing.  Still some people like players running at their opposition.  For me you pass and move, not just move.

Still a win is a win is a win.

If we dont win this tournament it will be a failure of epic proportions.

Lot of players hanging onto other players especially chasing, the little UAE bloke with the frizzy hair was getting grabbed all the time......I dont mind some contact when its two players going hard at the ball but there are swinging arms, deliberate bumps etc...one UAE defender just shouldered one of our blokes off the ball with no intent on obtaining the ball himself.
Hasnt been pretty soccer but I guess all teams are trying to get an edge anyway they can....

Reply #26
I agree the standard hasn't been unbelievable but this is the Asian Cup. That said teams like Australia, Japan, Iran and South Korea were far from embarrassed on the big stage in the World Cup and UAE and Iraq were both impressive in this tournament. I reckon Iraq vs Iran was as good a game of football as I've seen in a long time. It doesn't have to be a super skillful game to be a good one.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
Rumblings that the AFC  want to kick Australia out of the confederation. 

Reply #28
Rumblings that the AFC  want to kick Australia out of the confederation.

Read that and it seems that it is coming mainly from some middle east (or should I say west Asia?) members who feel that we, among others, are keeping their teams in the shade. Maybe they should think about improving their teams instead?  ???

Some do have a lot of influence in terms of petro-dollars so let's hope FIFA don't cave in.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
Fox Sports Football

Ignore those suggesting Australia could be kicked out of the Asian Football Confederation.

AFC president Sheikh Salman Bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa says, “I’m really stunned with the timing to bring this topic out. It’s a false topic."
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!