Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: April 04, 2014, 10:55:58 pm

Topic: R2 - BEST on ground (Read 5999 times) previous topic - next topic

R2 - BEST on ground

Another round, another set of polls.

Have at it.

Re: R2 - BEST on ground

Reply #1
Simpson, Murphy and Henderson by a country mile. Only by a short stretch to Buckley, Bell and Daisey who did well with Waite and Yarran, but they had quiet patches for long periods the first 3 didn't have IMO.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Murphy, Yarran and Henderson for mine.

Unlucky, Everitt Buckley and a few others.

Reply #3
WTF someone chose White?

I went for Yarran, Murph and Buckley.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Murphy, Yarran and Bell for me....

Reply #6
Murphy, Yazz, Simmo, Hendo and Bucks .
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
WTF someone chose White?

I went for Yarran, Murph and Buckley.

Coming from a poster who chose Buckley ahead of Simpson, Hendo and others!

Buckley had it 18 times with 6 tackles. He ran with the ball and took the game on.

White had it 9 times.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #8
People can vote for whoever they want, but White is clearly a surprise to me.

9 times, @44.4% Means he turned it over 5 times, or at least went to a short 50-50 which didn't advantage us.

Only reason i didn't vote him in the worst was because it was his first game back after a broken neck

Reply #9
Murphy, Buckley and Warnock for mine. Henderson, Jamison and Yarran were almost equally as good.

Reply #10
As Zach would enquire.."To be sure, we haven't killed off the Jim Park Medal with this voting system laddy??...Well have we?" ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #11
Yarran easily for pure effectiveness.
Kicked three himself and set up another three with pin point accuracy, not his fault his mates missed sodas.
Simpson, Bell, Jamison, Murphy, Thomas, Henderson and Buckley also good, Waite and Garlett could and should have been game breakers but forwards need to convert, Warnock good on the ball but two of the worst clangers you will ever see are a big discount.
Curnow and Everitt did jobs but had little impact.
It's tough to win games when you can only name half of the team as playing well.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #12
It's tough to win games when you can only name half of the team as playing well.

Here is where stats tell lies, many stats will list Curnow as our best. But nobody with half a football brain will claim Curnow was best or that he had a significant impact on the game.

Nthmond's Martin and Ellis statistically rank lower than Curnow, in fact Curnow was the highest ranked player on the ground in some stat systems using champion data, ahead of blokes like Murphy, Simpson, Yarran and Waite. But it is clear which players had more impact, you wouldn't list Curnow in the top ten let alone the BOG.

How can you win a game a football when virtually all but one of your midfield brigade is tagging? Our MC has lost the plot!

I suspect MM has put a bunch of safe options in positions junior to him, blokes who are way out of their depth in terms of the role they must play. Defenders in charge of forwards, stoppers coaching an attacking midfield and forwards coaching defenders. It is becoming a joke!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Buckley, Yarran, Curnow.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #14

Here is where stats tell lies, many stats will list Curnow as our best. But nobody with half a football brain will claim Curnow was best or that he had a significant impact on the game.

Nthmond's Martin and Ellis statistically rank lower than Curnow, in fact Curnow was the highest ranked player on the ground in some stat systems using champion data, ahead of blokes like Murphy, Simpson, Yarran and Waite. But it is clear which players had more impact, you wouldn't list Curnow in the top ten let alone the BOG.

How can you win a game a football when virtually all but one of your midfield brigade is tagging? Our MC has lost the plot!

I suspect MM has put a bunch of safe options in positions junior to him, blokes who are way out of their depth in terms of the role they must play. Defenders in charge of forwards, stoppers coaching an attacking midfield and forwards coaching defenders. It is becoming a joke!

Curnow did a pretty good job on Cotchin I thought.  He also provided some link up play around the ground.

Probably got increased grades for his match rating for it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson