Skip to main content
Topic: RD 3 : Carlton VS Essendon (After Siren Shrieking) (Read 68323 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 3 : Carlton VS Essendon (After Siren Shrieking)

Reply #240
It was certainly the worst loss I’ve been involved in,
Jamo

Coming from a bloke who has seen two other coaches and played in a much weaker squad than the one last night and plenty of very ugly losses.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-defender-michael-jamison-says-blues-have-let-down-club-and-supporters-with-loss/story-fni5f5nx-1226876610265

Thats not really surprising given that the backbone of the current squad has entered the last phase of footy life. It will get worse before it gets better.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #241
In fairness to Jamo, he joined our seniors at the start of Ratten.  Back then, Fev used to drag us into games by himself.

So it probably was the worst loss he has played in.

On the flipside its not the worst loss we have seen since 2006.  I do recall back when the MCG was being redeveloped we played Melbourne on a saturday or sunday afternoon, and the damage was that bad, we left by half time.

I would have done the same yesterday but I kep waiting for something to get better.  I should have just gone home at half time.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #242
It was 2004 the Melbourne game I think I remember it well I too left at half time.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #243
If I cared I would have shed a tear last night, just insipid play by us.

How about the 15m kicks that were continually picked off by the peptides? Just appalling skills and no heart.

I'ts a good thing footy is way down on my list of priorities nowadays.

Reply #244
In fairness to Jamo, he joined our seniors at the start of Ratten.  Back then, Fev used to drag us into games by himself.

So it probably was the worst loss he has played in.

On the flipside its not the worst loss we have seen since 2006.  I do recall back when the MCG was being redeveloped we played Melbourne on a saturday or sunday afternoon, and the damage was that bad, we left by half time.

I would have done the same yesterday but I kep waiting for something to get better.  I should have just gone home at half time.

I thought Jamos comments on where the side is at were encouraging and what you would hope from a leader.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #245
It was 2004 the Melbourne game I think I remember it well I too left at half time.

Yep maybe it was 2004...  Jeff Farmer tore us a new one by himself, and we had no answers for him, and Fev had "one of those days".
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #246
@B4L

How can you possibly compare the two sides. Pagan at least had some excuse, Milkshake has none. He has plenty to work with.

We are deluded if we think the current crop is a strong list PI2C, especially minus Kreuzer and Judd.
You are only as good as your weakest six.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #247
Was Goddard cited for staging?  Or is this another AFL rule that is only applied to the CFC?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?