43 - White (subbed out)
[ 20 ] (19%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 4 ] (3.8%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: April 12, 2014, 09:46:33 pm

Topic: R3 - WORST on ground vs Bombers (Read 10857 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R3 - WORST on ground vs Bombers

Reply #15
Im potting Bryce Gibbs.

Ran around without an opponent all night, and did feck all to influence the team.

You want Daisy money put in Daisy effort. The bloke ran himself into the ground, and attacked each contest like life depended on it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
Im potting Bryce Gibbs.

Ran around without an opponent all night, and did feck all to influence the team.

You want Daisy money put in Daisy effort. The bloke ran himself into the ground, and attacked each contest like life depended on it.

Agree on Gibbs although he wasnt our worst....Daisy is playing like a man who thinks he made a mistake leaving Collingwood.
He is a class player but having to do some of the monkey work in the packs isnt his go and I hope his body holds up.

Reply #17
Im potting Bryce Gibbs.

You're kidding aren't you? Gibbs was worth closer to 700k than Daisy was last night. ATM we have a bloke on 700k that looks like he still has the skill but in terms of run is another Broke McLean. very concerning.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18
Im potting Bryce Gibbs.

You're kidding aren't you? Gibbs was worth closer to 700k than Daisy was last night. ATM we have a bloke on 700k that looks like he still has the skill but in terms of run is another Broke McLean. very concerning.

You obviously were not watching the chasing they were both doing.

I was in row P on the ground level of the Southern stand last night, and watching him look around for an opponent for 3 quarters is what I saw.  Not to mention I saw players run away from him and him fail to even pretend to go with them.

Daisy at least chased, harrassed and worked for his cash last night.  I dont think Gibbs did.

Paul Hewson

Reply #19
Fair enough I wasn't at the ground so I can't say either way. Gibbs was at least in the game trying to make something happen.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
Im potting Bryce Gibbs.

Please tell me what player was having an influence, because I saw 22 blokes running around with no purpose or influence.

I really can't name the 3 worst  :-[
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #21
Im potting Bryce Gibbs.

Agree on Gibbs although he wasnt our worst....Daisy is playing like a man who thinks he made a mistake leaving Collingwood.
He is a class player but having to do some of the monkey work in the packs isnt his go and I hope his body holds up.

Funny but I thought the same thing and commented as such during the game. If I was Daisy I'd be thinking 'of all the places I could have gone, how the hell did I end up with this rabble?'
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
Im potting Bryce Gibbs.

Please tell me what player was having an influence, because I saw 22 blokes running around with no purpose or influence.

Henderson and Carrazzo.  Simpson wasnt bad either but turned it over a lot, and Menzel showed him the way.  Daisy at least has had a lengthy spell out of the game, and we paid him overs to get here.  Whats Gibbs excuse for not chasing an opponent running off him?

Paul Hewson

Reply #23
Im potting Bryce Gibbs.

Henderson and Carrazzo.  Simpson wasnt bad either but turned it over a lot, and Menzel showed him the way.  Daisy at least has had a lengthy spell out of the game, and we paid him overs to get here.  Whats Gibbs excuse for not chasing an opponent running off him?
I wasn't making excuses for Gibbs, I just couldn't pick out anyone in particular.  Even those you mentioned were horrible, Carrazzo yes, out for a while but every handball went directly to an opponenet.  I'm really struggling to find positives.  Maybe Menzel & Buckley but neither of those you would expect to have a influence.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #24
garlett, 4 posessions one tackle, Simon White, one posession in 2.5 quarters, was second to his man all night.
Gibbs, cheap posessions no influence and a bomber ran away from him in the last quarter.

Was there last night and if effort equates to $ then Daisy is worth twice Gibbs

Reply #25
Thats exactly the point I was making re Gibbs.  It was an effortless nothing performance.  He got ran off more than once too.  Not even a token chase down.  Attacked the ball hard maybe once or twice, but nothing special.

RE: Simon White, after half time, he walked onto the field, and went down to the wrong end of the field at the start of the quarter and realised his mistake, and then had to sprint from forwardline to backline while everyone down back was trying to figure out who was to take the loose man.

Thats what stood out last night.  Just how naieve our team is.  They have no idea.  Not a clue.  I thought the Bombers looked decidedly smarter than we did last night except for number 23 playing in defense for them.  He was pretty crap.

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
Sounds like a team that's lacking direction Thry.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
Thats the thing Carrots, this is the sort of thing that shouldnt be taught at senior level.

In soccer, talking on the park is drummed into us at age 14.  Then there are the other basics, like passing it onto your teamates "good side" or, putting it in a position where they can best use it, rather than just the hit and hope option.

Then there is the diving into a tackle argument.  Corall your opponent and put him on his non preffered rather than just letting them waltz around as they please.

If you cant tackle, close the space they have to work in, and push them to a certain direction (non preffered side).

Then there is other stuff.  How to use your body to advantage in a marking contest, reading the flight of the ball, how about kicking and handballing on the non preffered side?  Last night Walker failed to connect with two passes off each side of his foot which resulted in a scrubber kick.

Its deplorable.  These guys have been in the system for a long time now, and should at least have it down pat.  Its a mockery when Zach Tuohy seems to use the ball better than half of our side, and the guy didnt even play up growing footy.   Working together to setup a kickout defense, nope.  Get out option in the forward pocket with the nearest bloke pointing at the next bloke to pick him up, even when he has no opponent.

Paul Hewson

Reply #28
Fair enough I wasn't at the ground so I can't say either way. Gibbs was at least in the game trying to make something happen.

At the ground I thought Gibbs was clearly our best player.. I haven't had the stomach to sit through the replay yet...

Reply #29

At the ground I thought Gibbs was clearly our best player.. I haven't had the stomach to sit through the replay yet...

It is often the case that what Gibbs does off the ball doesn't get shown on TV, on TV his disposals look uncontested and soft. At the game you usually see him putting an opponent out of the contest early. Often on TV when you see him beaten in a one out contest, which isn't very often, it is because he has left his man to pick up a player someone else has dropped off.
The Force Awakens!