43 - White (subbed out)
[ 20 ] (19%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 4 ] (3.8%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: April 12, 2014, 09:46:33 pm

Topic: R3 - WORST on ground vs Bombers (Read 10855 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R3 - WORST on ground vs Bombers

Reply #30
Fair enough I wasn't at the ground so I can't say either way. Gibbs was at least in the game trying to make something happen.

At the ground I thought Gibbs was clearly our best player.. I haven't had the stomach to sit through the replay yet...

You're going to sit through the game again!!?? Wow you're game. I'm just waiting for a win this season so I can watch a replay. Have promptly deleted all three games straight after the final siren so far.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
Fair enough I wasn't at the ground so I can't say either way. Gibbs was at least in the game trying to make something happen.

At the ground I thought Gibbs was clearly our best player.. I haven't had the stomach to sit through the replay yet...

Interesting, I thought the opposite.

We were not far away from each other either which is interesting.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
I watched it on tv and didn't think much of Gibbs' game.

I certainly noticed Daisy's effort though.

The thing with Daisy is, he works his butt off when he hasn't got the ball and if you are not looking at/for him, you don't notice.

Always shephards, tackles, blocks, chases...none of that gets highlighted, but you can bet that he puts in more effort in those area than Gibbs.

Daisy was responsible for setting up a goal too, with a clearance from a stoppage and a long kick (to advantage) inside 50. Can't remember who took the mark, maybe Garlett?

Reply #33
I watched it on tv and didn't think much of Gibbs' game.

I certainly noticed Daisy's effort though.

The thing with Daisy is, he works his butt off when he hasn't got the ball and if you are not looking at/for him, you don't notice.

Always shephards, tackles, blocks, chases...none of that gets highlighted, but you can bet that he puts in more effort in those area than Gibbs.

Daisy was responsible for setting up a goal too, with a clearance from a stoppage and a long kick (to advantage) inside 50. Can't remember who took the mark, maybe Garlett?

Ditto. Read it the same way. Though Daisy did look quite dejected at times and who'd blame him... those looks weren't during play but at the breaks and at the end.

I just wish we'd imagine that Gibbs was pick 23 and drop the midfield expectation. He's done his best work as a run-with and perhaps should stick to that. It only teases and disappoints to expect him to be a dominant inside mid.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #34

You're going to sit through the game again!!?? Wow you're game. I'm just waiting for a win this season so I can watch a replay. Have promptly deleted all three games straight after the final siren so far.

I always watch the replay.... Eventually..   :D
Still havent watch the essendon one yet though.. Although i did fast froward to that free kick Murphy didnt get for holding the ball on Hocking. That was an absolute disgrace..
He could have handballed it 4 times over but instead chose to kick after taking about 5 steps and it missed is boot.. Dropping the ball all day.. Yet the umpire said he had no prior and made an attempt..
No prior? He got tackled and tried to break through the tackle instead of hanballing it..  Then at the end chose to kick instead and missed..  Even the Essendon supporterss were laughing..

Reply #35

Interesting, I thought the opposite.

We were not far away from each other either which is interesting.

Yes we were..
But I thought he tried hard and put in all game..