Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs GWS (Read 12502 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #60
Kennedy, O’Brien, Garnett are all non starters for the Northern Blues. I smell at least 1 change.

Hope its Kennedy in and not the other two...very surprised he wasnt picked vs his old mob.

Reply #61
I’m sitting in a conference just across the road from Giants ground, literally 50 or 100 metres away. Open training starts at 3 pm. “GGuidelines for new injectable diabetes medications" at 3.15

Don’t worry, you’ll be able to find a summary of  “Guidelines for new injectable diabetes medications" somewhere on the internet by 5....go check out the training!!  ;)

Reply #62
Kennedy, O’Brien, Garnett are all non starters for the Northern Blues. I smell at least 1 change.

Reckon it’s just added insurance because we are playing late Sunday- doesn’t surprise me we are taking an extra emergency.

Will probably train or at least have a run later today so I’m sure we will hear if someone was not there. 

Reply #63
I’m sitting in a conference just across the road from Giants ground, literally 50 or 100 metres away. Open training starts at 3 pm. “Guidelines for new injectable diabetes medications" starts at 3.15.  :-\

So I guess you wont know that much about guidelines for new injectable diabetes medications then.

Reply #64
Reckon it’s just added insurance because we are playing late Sunday- doesn’t surprise me we are taking an extra emergency.

Will probably train or at least have a run later today so I’m sure we will hear if someone was not there.

Three sounds a bit much for simply insurance, especially as O'Brien and Garlett are similar outside types and Kennedy a mid sized player as well.  Its not like we are taking three versatile and mutually complimentary types to cover unexpected contingencies - eg Jones/Kerr/Lang as travelling emergencies would cover just abut any unexpected late withdrawal even if not that satisfactorily.

Reply #65
I’m sitting in a conference just across the road from Giants ground, literally 50 or 100 metres away. Open training starts at 3 pm. “Guidelines for new injectable diabetes medications" starts at 3.15.  :-\

Are the bombers training at the conference?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #66
Just back from the open training with my 9yo son

Beautiful afternoon in Sydney and another belter forecast for tomorrow. Not many people there and my lad got photos with nearly every player.

All 3 of the emergencies trained and we didn’t spot Cunningham out there. I might be mistaken but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t out there.

What did surprise me was the size of Liam Stocker. He has very big legs and is a beautiful kick on both sides of his body. Looks like he has all the tools. Weitering has really filled out and Marchbank moves incredibly well for a guy his size. Doc did stride through sand run laps for 45 minutes under Russell’s tutelage.

Reply #67
Nice report sbf. Thanks for that.

Reply #68
X2

Reply #69
Just back from the open training with my 9yo son

Beautiful afternoon in Sydney and another belter forecast for tomorrow. Not many people there and my lad got photos with nearly every player.

All 3 of the emergencies trained and we didn’t spot Cunningham out there. I might be mistaken but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t out there.

What did surprise me was the size of Liam Stocker. He has very big legs and is a beautiful kick on both sides of his body. Looks like he has all the tools. Weitering has really filled out and Marchbank moves incredibly well for a guy his size. Doc did stride through sand run laps for 45 minutes under Russell’s tutelage.
Cheers for that. Will be dissapointed if Cunners misses, we need his pace.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #70
Indeed. Cunners has really shown something so far this year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #71
O’Brien in Cunningham  out

General soreness.... >:(

Reply #72
Cunningham out. 

O’Brien in.

Bigger loss then it may look I reckon. Is one of only a few that we have that has geniune speed around the ball.

Surely Kennedy against his own mob should have been given a go ahead of O’Brien.

Reply #73
Cunningham out. 

O’Brien in.

Bigger loss then it may look I reckon. Is one of only a few that we have that has geniune speed around the ball.

Surely Kennedy against his own mob should have been given a go ahead of O’Brien.

Agree....maybe the brains trust think we cant win and LOB needs the development vs Kelly and crew.
I would have picked Kennedy as I think he would be value and know the opposition better but he seems on the outer at the moment....

Reply #74
Cunningham out. 

O’Brien in.

Hard to see how O’brien gets picked before Kennedy.
I just don’t get why he gets to develop in the firsts while Kennedy keeps running out in the vfl to work on his game. (Or this week - not play at all)