Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel (Read 23557 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel

Next Sunday we play the 'Aints at Marvel in an afternoon game. The seconds are a curtain raiser.
On this week's effort, even the 'Aints should beat us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel

Reply #1
We need to get back to basics more I think and for this match let's focus a lot  more on pressure and tackling and forcing errors. This has to be how we need to go forward now - Sunday showed we will always be cut to shreds if we don't. Even the Saints could do that to us if we give them too much leeway.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
Aints home game, indigenous round, Sunday afternoon, I think we should get at least 27 at it, that is people not thousand!

I think "The Curiosity Show" or "Prof Julius Sumner Miller" could go there and do a special outside broadcast about how sound and echoes work?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
In                  Out
Kerr               Casboult
Jones             Macreadie
Simpson        Murphy
Kennedy         Dow
Cunningham   O'Brien

Reply #4
Aints home game, indigenous round, Sunday afternoon, I think we should get at least 27 at it, that is people not thousand!

I rang up and asked what time the ball-up was - they asked "what time can you get here?"  ::)

Reply #5
It's far from a certainty.  Even a win will still see us last on the ladder.  That's depressing all by itself

Reply #6
I rang up and asked what time the ball-up was - they asked "what time can you get here?"  ::)

You're lucky they didn't ask you to bring your runners! :o

PS; Don't forget the lights when you leave!

Look at the bright side, with yourself and the two teams the population of Docklands doubles!

Dan Andrews said you can borrow his skateboard to get home, just make sure you steer clear of the Fossil as skateboards seem to be a bit of a red rag to him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
In                  Out
Kerr               Casboult
Jones             Macreadie
Simpson        Murphy
Kennedy         Dow
Cunningham   O'Brien

Largely agree, except maybe Setterfield instead of O'Brien out or maybe both and Lang in as well - assuming Slimmo comes up.

Reply #8
We should beat the Saints, injury ravaged, very small and a meek team with no Mummy and they dont have the players to look after Cripps who will rebound and dominate.
But like I said on other threads what will that prove?

Reply #9
Largely agree, except maybe Setterfield instead of O'Brien out or maybe both and Lang in as well - assuming Slimmo comes up.

Thought of Lang, but also thought 6 changes was a big axe!!

Reply #10
Thought of Lang, but also thought 6 changes was a big axe!!

Despite Lang's stats from the weekend, mostly it was from outside football and that would not have helped.

Our current inside midfield goes Cripps, Fisher ..........SPS........................................X

That's not to say Setterfield and others won;t come good long term, it's a statement about the now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
You're lucky they didn't ask you to bring your runners! :o

PS; Don't forget the lights when you leave!

OK, I'll slide the roof shut too if it's open.  8)

Reply #12
SPS only played 57% time on ground and I didn't sight him after about 3/4 time.  Concussion?  Injured? Might be in doubt.

I'd be only making slight tweaks rather than overhauling the team.  Bring in the blokes returning from injury, and take out blokes who are injured/giving us nothing.

Ironically o brienput in his best game of the year.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
SPS only played 57% time on ground and I didn't sight him after about 3/4 time.  Concussion?  Injured? Might be in doubt.

I'd be only making slight tweaks rather than overhauling the team.  Bring in the blokes returning from injury, and take out blokes who are injured/giving us nothing.

Ironically o brienput in his best game of the year.

If letting blokes blow by you and not bothering to attempt to tackle properly is his best work then we have a problem...

Reply #14
OK, I'll slide the roof shut too if it's open.  8)

Are you a Barista, you could make a killing selling coffees to our coaching panel, they've got stuff all else to do and will need to kill some time, mostly in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters but anytime after the first 5 minutes?
The Force Awakens!