Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2019 Rd 11: Northern Blues vs. Footscray at Ikon (Read 6860 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2019 Rd 11: Northern Blues vs. Footscray at Ikon

Reply #30
Garrett should have been shown the door weeks ago,  because he clearly CBF.   Lang is the same.   Wants to be back at Barwon Heads sucking piss and surfing with his mates. 

This attitude is a deadset cancer and has to be eradicated ASAP.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31
Garrett should have been shown the door weeks ago,  because he clearly CBF.   Lang is the same.   Wants to be back at Barwon Heads sucking piss and surfing with his mates. 

This attitude is a deadset cancer and has to be eradicated ASAP.

A cancer?

Reply #33
A cancer?

I know what he means.

It becomes infectious.

Players turn up get paid, do the minimum knowing they're a support act not the main event and rather than make the most of it, they take the Mickey out of everyone.

The behaviour spreads to other fringe players and before you know it, half your list is just going, and the other half are trying their guts out to raise standards.  In between are the kids that haven't worked out how good they will be and are having to work harder than they ever have before and wonder if it's all worth the trouble.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34
What has Peter Garrett done anyway?

Got himself a decent pension and some free travel for the rest of his life....and been a setback for his country in terms of dance style.

Reply #36
Got himself a decent pension and some free travel for the rest of is life....and been a setback for his country in terms of dance style.

;D
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #37
Means well but utterly clueless about realities once the black stuff ends and the dirt starts.

Bloody auto-correct.  If somebody could tell me how to turn it off I'd appreciate it.

Reply #38
I cannot see Lang or Garlett surviving the cull at the end of the year.
I can't see Macreadie surviving either. Since his injury he has really struggled. He was pretty good early, but he is really struggling.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #39
I cannot see Lang or Garlett surviving the cull at the end of the year.
I can't see Macreadie surviving either. Since his injury he has really struggled. He was pretty good early, but he is really struggling.

Agree. Add Fasolo and Polson to that list. Both are gone.

Kennedy is the one i am most concerned with. Cant get a decent run at it and you would think he is the type of player we need. He is the type of player we should be playing in the guts to the years end. Give this guy the second half of the year and don’t drop him. Need to be a call on him as well at seasons end.

Can’t keep a list spot for players that are very very unlikely to make it. Don’t have that luxury. 

Reply #40
Agree. Add Fasolo and Polson to that list. Both are gone.

Kennedy is the one i am most concerned with. Cant get a decent run at it and you would think he is the type of player we need. He is the type of player we should be playing in the guts to the years end. Give this guy the second half of the year and don’t drop him. Need to be a call on him as well at seasons end.

Can’t keep a list spot for players that are very very unlikely to make it. Don’t have that luxury.

Been superceded by setterfield.

Time to move on.  He was a gamble that didnt pay off.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
Given we paid a first rounder for him, cutting him would be viewed as a catastrophic fail.

Reply #42
Given we paid a first rounder for him, cutting him would be viewed as a catastrophic fail.

Kennedy was traded for pick #28 straight swap.

I wouldn't mind trying him in a Josh Caddy type role. He takes a good mark for his size.

The thing holding him back is he's not big enough physically. To play his role he needs to hit the gym bigtime.

Reply #43
This thread has really turned dark. It appears to me that the haters on this site are frustrated by the improved performances of carlton and have turned their ire towards the northern blues. Calling players oxygen thieves and cancers is disgraceful and people should have a good hard look at themselves, particularly when these comments are directed at first year player.
I have Lang down as a fail but I notice he is in our best players. I also don't understand why there is no positive comments about Owies 5 goals and the performance of Jack.
I read the threads on the northern blues to get some idea on how the players are developing as I cant get to these games not to read the rantings of the disaffected.

Reply #44
I understand your concerns but I believe you have misread the situation.

I used the term cancer to encapsulate the effect that a poor attitude has on team culture.  It starts with one player who can't be bothered,  then others start going at less than full bore,  and so on.   And thus this toxic  attitude spreads like a cancer and destroys any chance of team success.

I wouldn't wish cancer on anybody.

I've seen it happen at club level,  and we've seen it happen at Carlton.   Ever wonder why Henderson was told to clean out his locker three weeks before the end of the season?

I have an association with Preston and it's direct feeder clubs and it pains me at a deep level when I see blokes representing my club going at half rat power and not giving a toss. If that offends some people, fine,  but when you've worn the colours it really means something to me.  EB also comes from the NE area and believe me,  he doesn't like blokes abusing the privilege of representing the area either.

BTW,  I know the Owies family are more than pleased with what Carlton has done with Matt and as shown by the weekend,  he is very coach able and learns fast.