Skip to main content
Topic: I hate hospitals (Read 1472 times) previous topic - next topic

I hate hospitals

Been really ill with a painful swollen shoulder.  Got too much for me so needed an ambulance today.  Far out ... shingles.

They gave me a prescription for anti viral pills and some pain killers.  God, they're powerful

Always something that knocks you for six  :o

Re: I hate hospitals

Reply #1
Been really ill with a painful swollen shoulder.  Got too much for me so needed an ambulance today.  Far out ... shingles.

They gave me a prescription for anti viral pills and some pain killers.  God, they're powerful

Get well soon Ol Boy, my mum had a bout last year, can take a while but you'll be right. Chin up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2

CC, Sorry to hear you are not well mate, All the best for a speedy recovery and let's hope the lads can beat Port and give you something to cheer about.

Reply #3
 Yep, wishing you all the best Capcom. I've known a few people over the years that have suffered shingles so I've full sympathy for you.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
You have my sympathy Capcom.
I know a few that have had shingles and it can be quite nasty .

We spend a lot of time in Qld. and over 70s can get a free injection
that keeps shingles away  forever.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #5
We spend a lot of time in Qld. and over 70s can get a free injection
that keeps shingles away  forever.
Do you know if you must have that injection before you get them, or can you get it after a dose of shingles?

I've read of one treatment that is a vaccination but it only works as a prophylactic if you get it before an infection, once you get them it's no longer effective, but there are tablets you can take to prevent or reduce an outbreak.

Apparently something like 80% of us carry this virus, it's somehow related to chicken pox, but becomes more serious as we get older like many of those infections do. Most people never get an outbreak despite carrying the virus.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Get well soon CC.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
CC Old Cock! Had your shoulder to wheel for too long! Working too hard, squire!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery from this bloody painful thing. Cheers mate...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17