Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong at the MCG (Read 2513 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 7 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong at the MCG

Another 16:35 game, which is a pain. Such is life.
Geelong look like they're going to be inbeaten into the game while we still have real injury issues.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 7 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong at the MCG

Reply #1
Tom Stewart a possible out for them with concussion?

Reply #2
Geelong find a way to control the game and playing it on their terms when it is most needed. I hope our injuries aren’t the difference in this contest. Would be great if we could snatch a win. Geelong are the benchmark at the moment. If we had Cerra, Saad and Gov in I would have some confidence. Without them it doesn’t look likely that we will win this one.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
Tom Stewart a possible out for them with concussion?
change that to definite out.

He will miss under protocols.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
Geelong find a way to control the game and playing it on their terms when it is most needed. I hope our injuries aren’t the difference in this contest. Would be great if we could snatch a win. Geelong are the benchmark at the moment. If we had Cerra, Saad and Gov in I would have some confidence. Without them it doesn’t look likely that we will win this one.
We need to find a way, like we did yesterday. Its on the MCG which is our best deck I reckon. Be the hunter again and we will win.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
We need to find a way, like we did yesterday. Its on the MCG which is our best deck I reckon. Be the hunter again and we will win.
Charlie and Harry vs Hawkins and Cameron.....who gets the best supply wins, reckon our midfield is better...

Reply #6
Geelong has had just about a full list to choose from this year. Last year they had injuries and missed the finals. Their forward line is very good.  A lot of variety plus some guns. The backline is tough and disciplined but I think we can get hold of them. Their midfield shuts down their opponents. If they break even then they usually win. Carlton has become a side that should win these sorts of games.

Reply #7
Geelong has had just about a full list to choose from this year. Last year they had injuries and missed the finals. Their forward line is very good.  A lot of variety plus some guns. The backline is tough and disciplined but I think we can get hold of them. Their midfield shuts down their opponents. If they break even then they usually win. Carlton has become a side that should win these sorts of games.
As a supporter, I no longer fear any opposition. Our best (even with injuries) is good enough to beat anyone, especially at the G. The Cats will need to be at their best to knock us off, as will we to do the same to them.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #8
Yep it's a strange feeling.  Doesn't feel real but we can beat anyone.

We are in the window.  Its not a false dawn.  It's here people.  You need a bit of luck but as we get more players fit and firing towards the back end of the season will dictate how well we go and even then we could potentially still win it.

Anyone anywhere anytime.   #blueflaggers!!!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
If we bring our brutal best which is off the AFLO charts then we have a chance and a good one at that. Hopefully Cerra is available for this one.

Cincotta + Cerra for ins?

Reply #10
Yep it's a strange feeling.  Doesn't feel real but we can beat anyone.

We are in the window.  Its not a false dawn.  It's here people.  You need a bit of luck but as we get more players fit and firing towards the back end of the season will dictate how well we go and even then we could potentially still win it.

Anyone anywhere anytime.   #blueflaggers!!!

It is weird. It's been such a long time in the making. We've had many many embarrassing years. Yet slowly but surely, the dead wood was pruned and quality leaders were assembled and backed in.

This is definitely the new Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #11
Quite a few of our goals were kicked on the non-preferred. TDK, Cottrell, Charlie... this skill is definitely improving
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
Pinot....not sure they'll risk Cerra....only been a week and a bit since the hamstring strain even though it was a mild one. Love him back but the midfield can do this one without him IMO. Cincotta is the likely one in for Williams if he doesn't come up.

Didn't watch the VFL game but Moir amongst the goals. Having TDK forward probably makes it a bit harder for Moir given he's more of a mid-size/3rd tall.

Reply #13
Update on Fogarty.....?
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #14
Quite a few of our goals were kicked on the non-preferred. TDK, Cottrell, Charlie... this skill is definitely improving
Two weeks in a row though our opposition has been very accurate compare to us. Some bread an butter type misses need to be cleaned (eg Durdin running into goal directly in front. Charlie also missed a couple where he had more time that he thought. But yes, we are much better than years gone by.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th