Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 33236 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #15
So nice to get a win against that mob. Thought our forward line did very well considering the service.

Hard to see from where I was but thought Dow and O’Brien had lots of important touches. Great to see. Daisy was just about best on. Kruezer, cc, ec  and Cripps immense.

SPS was better, not at the same level as last year but should get confidence from that as will a few others.

Plowman stunk it up. As barbs said that handball to the boundary line was special

#baggers

Reply #16
Jeffy, based on what I have seen and heard so far this season, Dow and LoB look like very likely types and good pick ups.

And I agree with you re our best, although I'm sure most of us will have similar lists.

Reply #17
You've gotta feel sorry for the Bumblers, but nah.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #18
I'd hate to think what Stringer's salary is,  he certainly isn't earning it.   Lazy slob of a footballer.

Loved the glimpses from the kids today,  but the hard core on ball trio of K,  Crippa and Curnow senior were massive.

Why were the boys so upset at Bagauly at 3/4 time?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
I'd hate to think what Stringer's salary is,  he certainly isn't earning it.   Lazy slob of a footballer.

Loved the glimpses from the kids today,  but the hard core on ball trio of K,  Crippa and Curnow senior were massive.

I watched the video snippet of that. No idea what started it, but looked like Bolts, who was walking nearby, says Fo .
We'll probably never know.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
Ed is in trouble though... Incidental but he'll get a week.  

McKay has something most big blokes don't have - pace and mobility - and he looks a pretty reliable shot for goal.   No more two's footy for him .
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #23
Darcy Lang has never played in a losing Carlton side ;) ;D

Reply #24
The win almost makes losing the first 7 rounds worth it, as it stings the Drug Cheats a whole lot more.

Reply #25
 :D

Just what we needed! A well crafted win imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #26

Stringer is on 600K a season.......lacks interest and just wants cheap kicks/goals with not much effort...needs a strong coach like Clarkson
who can push him harder...

Reply #27
Big H didn’t disgrace himself as a backup ruckman and if we require 2 goals a game from a small forward then Darcy Lang did his job.

Reply #28
Well done blues. So annoyed I couldn't get to the game.

Seeing the effects of getting games into players. Like the look of two key forwards with 50 plus games each.  Bit of luck with injury and curnow and Mackay will play together for the rest of the season, and that is a forward line to build around

Reply #29
I thought our backline worked as well as I've seen. Daisy probably added the necessary experience and leadership. He's having a great patch that's for sure. I was critical of Daisy last year, but he's a different player this year. So I tilt my hat.

Kruez, Crippa, Ed, and Kerridge to a lesser extent, were consistent. The pressure from our smaller guys, although not flashy, was sustained and significant. Dow and O'Brein did well to stay in it for longer. Loved H confidence. Looks like he believes he belongs.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.