Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2021 Rd ?: Carlton vs Port Melbourne (Read 7734 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2021 Rd ?: Carlton vs Port Melbourne

Reply #45
We're getting a lead, watch the foot go off the gas.

Reply #46
Levi is having a very good game. Had about 20 touches.
Not in the 2nd, three touches gave away three frees.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
Levi is having a very good game. Had about 20 touches.
Been ok Levi but the opposition is very no name , at least Levi knows what he is doing unlike most of our blokes.
Newbie Boyd looks very Joe average VFL material and Crocker to me is still the standout player in our VFL team.
LOB and SPS have flashed in and out and Murphy has looked very disinterested and been tagged all game.
Not much to get excited to be honest..

Reply #48
Been ok Levi but the opposition is very no name , at least Levi knows what he is doing unlike most of our blokes.
Newbie Boyd looks very Joe average VFL material and Crocker to me is still the standout player in our VFL team.
LOB and SPS have flashed in and out and Murphy has looked very disinterested and been tagged all game.
Levi is playing good footy around the ground. As for the others, sadly they seem to be happy just to do enough instead of working hard to kick the crap out of them.

Reply #49
Ugly win but a win nonetheless.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Full Time:

Port 10 8 68 Carl 12 11 83

Goals: Crocker 3, Honey 3, Parsons 2, Cottrell 2, Wooler, Casbolt

Reply #52
Crocker won us the game IMO and to me its mystifying how he was ignored in the midseason draft.

Reply #55
Would appear that Murphy and sps might not any longer get a promotion.  LOB certainly won't.

Don't think I care either.

Reply #56
Would appear that Murphy and sps might not any longer get a promotion.  LOB certainly won't.

Don't think I care either.

Murphy might do a bit of medical subbing to get to 300.

Reply #57
The ol' just did enough. Weren't exactly putting it all out there unfortunately.

I will take an ugly win as opposed to an ugly loos. We see enough of those in the AFL.

Confirmed that Mirkov has a knee injury so fingers crossed for him that it is not an ACL, although the way he went down and did not get up and was in a lot of pain does not bode well for him with our luck with injuries at the club.

Reply #58
Been watching the one sided crap at Metricon on one computer, VFL on this computer and the races on ch.78. I'm just an all round sportsman....lol.

Reply #59

Agreed. Carroll and Honey look handy, but that’s about where it ends

No matter what the VFL coach or the CFC PR machine says after the game, all of Boyd, Murphy, Cottrell, Williamson, SPS, LOB, Kemp were average at best and it’s not great when 7 listed Carlton players struggle to cut the mustard in the seconds.