Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Medal 2019 AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats (Read 1424 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Medal 2019 AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats

There is little to be said about such a poor performance. As soon as the rain started, we were useless. And we were ordinary enough before the rain came.
That said, there were a few worthwhile performances that deserve a mention. Not many, but those who deserve a mention deserve a vote.

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.

Someone will deserve a vote this week. I won't be the coach, nor the umpires and there won't be many players.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Medal 2019 AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats

Reply #1
If you give more than 3 players votes I'm going to go all Blue Benny on you.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Team F

Kreuzer 5
Weitering 5
Dow 2
Walsh 2
Casboult 1

Reply #3
F

10. Kreuzer
3. Weitering
2. C. Curnow
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #4
Team F

5 Weiters
4 MK (Kruez that is ????)
3 Casboult
2 Dow
1 Stocker

????‍♂️ ????‍♀️
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #5
 Team. F
5. Kreuzer
4. Weitering
3. Casboult
2. Dow
1. C. Curnow

Reply #6
Team:   F-
The first quarter was adequate, even with the turnovers and mistakes, but the rest of the game was not worthy of an AFL team. This is the 3rd such insult in a couple of weeks and makes a mockery of everything we’ve suffered for the last two decades.

Votes:
[4]   Levi Casboult
[3.5]   Jacob Weitering
[2]   Caleb Marchbank
[1.5]   Matthew Kreuzer
[1.5]   Sam Walsh
[1]   David Cuningham
[0.5]   Harry McKay
[0.5]   Paddy Dow
[0.5]   Nick Newman

Explanations:
[4]   Levi Casboult:   The question of the votes was quite a problem for me. In the end I gave top ranking to one of our guys who won his position hands down: Levi Casboult. He didn’t get huge numbers of positions, but his opponents didn’t get a sniff even with the ball coming down every few seconds. His totally destroyed the Essendon key forwards, as did Weitering.
[3.5]   Jacob Weitering:   Again, I gave the votes because I wanted a player who won his position. We didn’t have many. Like Casboult, Jacob was superior to the Essendon tall forwards before the rain and afterwards in a flawless display.
[2]   Caleb Marchbank:   After the first two, it was a lot harder, but I liked Marchbank’s efforts, especially early in the game. He stopped being as dominant when the ball came down, but he didn’t give his opponents and inch.
[1.5]   Matthew Kreuzer:   I’d like to give Kreuzer more, but while he did very well around the ground, he was much less effective in the ruck contests this week and Essendon got the clear centre clearances more often than not. I loved the way the big Tractor competed and never gave up, but his work in the centre bounces was down, especially after quarter time.
[1.5]   Sam Walsh:   Walsh wasn’t a clear winner either, but he worked his way into the game and managed over 20 possessions where our mids were being flogged.
[1]   David Cuningham:   A couple of really quiet patches, but Cunners was very encouraging for much of the game.
[0.5]   Harry McKay:   H won his position, but his kicking for poor today. He was also outnumbered and could rarely get a run at the ball. Even so, he managed 9 marks in very poor conditions. Had we been able to give him decent service, he could have had a lot more shots.
[0.5]   Paddy Dow:   Dow would deserve ore votes if his disposal hadn’t been so poor. He really had chances to hurt his opponents, but his disposal was diabolical.
[0.5]   Nick Newman:   Some really nice work in defence, but his mistakes were lethal.

Honourable Mentions:
SPS:   Didn’t do enough, but at least what he did was generally good.
Gibbons:   Gibbons was great early, but he dropped out of the game like he was shot.
Jack Silvagni:   Jack worked hard and deserves a mention. But we don’t make it easy for our forwards!

I'd have liked to mention Plowman, but he blotted his copy book when he allowed an overrated windbag to kick 3 goals.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Team: F

4: Weitering
4: Kruezer
3: Casboult
1: E.Curnow
1: Marchbank
1: Dow
1: Stocker

Reply #8
Team: E

5 - Weitering
4 - Casboult
3 - Kreuzer
2 - Cuningham
1 - Walsh
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
Team. F

5. Kreuser
5. Weitering
3. Casboult
1. Ed. Curnow
1. Walsh
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #10
Team = E

[4]   Levi Casboult
[2]   Jacob Weitering
[2]   Caleb Marchbank
[2]   Matthew Kreuzer
[2]   Sam Walsh
[1]   David Cuningham
[1]   Harry McKay
[1]   Nick Newman