Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 20660 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #165
If the blokes don't know their roles - and how to execute before the siren sounds - a few runners aren't gong to change much.

I heard BB pull that one - I say BS.

It's not about runners it's about onfield leadership.

You put docherty, Simpson, Thomas and Jones into that team and they do the runners work for you.

Otherwise we are relying on weitering,  Levi, marchbank and plowman to do it.

All of them should be support cast at the moment and not the main event.

I said it pre game.  For each 100 plus game player we lose we weaken the output of two players.  1.  Due to someone else who is still learning needing to help lead, and 2.  Minimizing the output of a player who's had leadership from a different player before.  Not everyone instructs the same way.

Our issues are consistency based.  That wont be fixed by more change which is all I seem to see.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #167
https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-06-02/full-postmatch-bombers

Listen from about 4.40 to the end.

He'll not make any friends at CheatsFC saying stuff like that, I suspect he got nasty calls from Sheedy and Watson Snr after that statement!

Keep in mind our coterie club wanted to approach Worsfold and Teague to take over when Swann was trying to install Malthouse by white-anting Ratten! How much better would we be now if we'd have gotten Worsfold back then?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #168
He'll not make any friends at CheatsFC saying stuff like that, I suspect he got nasty calls from Sheedy and Watson Snr after that statement!

Keep in mind our coterie club wanted to approach Worsfold and Teague to take over when Swann was trying to install Malthouse by white-anting Ratten! How much better would we be now if we'd have gotten Worsfold back then?

I think his honesty and logic should be broadcast at full volume in whatever board meetings are occuring at CFC.

Reply #169
Essendon are rubbish and we played the weakest team they have put on the park for ages. Their midfield is as soft as it gets and we just showed how soft and weak we are at the contest and how poorly motivated we are. Too many front runners who don't like to tough it out when it's hard and when Cripps is held.
Really missed Daisy, and that pains me to say it but he is a mainstay player now and dropping him was dumb.
SOS needs the blowtorch applied to him for not recruiting enough players with fight and heart,it's pathetic watching how weak and insipid we are. There is no excuse for that Essendon performance...

Reply #170
I think his honesty and logic should be broadcast at full volume in whatever board meetings are occuring at CFC.

Worsfold has always been open and honest, it's nearly got him sacked from CheatsFC multiple times! :o

Openness and honesty do not site well as Bumber Base!

There is a reason Darth Maul, and other devils, are represented in red and black! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #171
Essendon are rubbish and we played the weakest team they have put on the park for ages. Their midfield is as soft as it gets and we just showed how soft and weak we are at the contest and how poorly motivated we are. Too many front runners who don't like to tough it out when it's hard and when Cripps is held.
Really missed Daisy, and that pains me to say it but he is a mainstay player now and dropping him was dumb.
SOS needs the blowtorch applied to him for not recruiting enough players with fight and heart,it's pathetic watching how weak and insipid we are. There is no excuse for that Essendon performance...

I fully agree EB, too many high end picks who never had to work hard as a junior player, we need hungry players like a Gibbons or Jones who play as it's there last game.

Reply #172
I fully agree EB, too many high end picks who never had to work hard as a junior player, we need hungry players like a Gibbons or Jones who play as it's there last game.

This new DeLuca fella is a hard, hard worker....but no question, the kids we have are soft.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #173
Late again thanks to the public holiday yesterday here. Will leave the coach sacking comments for elsewhere. I was at the end of my tether last week but gave them one more chance as I honestly thought Essendon were gettable on Sunday. In the first quarter, they were poor.....but we were worse...by a country mile. 10 minutes into the second quarter I was done and can't watch anymore...been a supporter since 1981 but we are a rabble. Only a handful of blokes could be happy with their output on the weekend. The talk of Marchbank in earlier comments....said it before...he's a nothing player...contributes nothing and right now Casboult is a better defender than him. Plowman is just a butcher and has no footy smarts. Throw in Kennedy and Lang and Fasolo and there's 5 players traded into the club who wouldn't get a game at another club right now. Kennedy had 8 possessions on a fumbly/wet/greasy day where you need big bodied blokes busting in and continually pushing the ball forward. He's a dud and along with Lang should be shipped off at the end of the season.

Newman turned it over a bit but I like him...he has a go, as does Stocker. Stocker has a bit to learn but will get much better.

When Dale Thomas dominates in the VFL and is our best by a long way you know the club has zero depth....and all due respect to him as he's been on of our better players this year.

Said it last week, but you could draw a line through about 10 players at least who aren't up to it right now. But we're in a Catch 22 position....we can't just keep culling and loading up with young kids and speculative picks in the draft. We need to be bold and offer up a couple of good kids and target exactly the type of player we need. Do we need McKay, Curnow, McGovern and Kerr all at the same time?

Kreuzer continues to give his all but looks tired and slow and he'll hit the wall eventually.....and Lobbe and Phillips are just backups...nothing more.

Too many of the kids have stalled and just don't contribute. SPS and Fisher just go missing for long periods and right now Fisher just gets the ball and gets rid of it as quickly as he can. Dow shows flashes but if you can't kick the ball properly his impact is going to be limited.

Not sure where we go from here but the harsh reality is we've been treading water for the last 20 years. How many coaches has Kade Simpson seen given the @rse during his tenure? He'd probably hold that unenviable record too I think?

Reply #174

Not sure where we go from here but the harsh reality is we've been treading water for the last 20 years. How many coaches has Kade Simpson seen given the @rse during his tenure? He'd probably hold that unenviable record too I think?

Pagan, Ratten, Malthouse, Bolton. If he stays long enough, he might see Mr 2020 given the ar$e.