Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 17123 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #120
The small forward cupboard is bare old son. He's named as an emergency because there was actually no-one else to name!

And that wasn’t the case over the previous 11 rounds?

I just find it amusing that team selections blamed on Bolton are repeated in his absence and it’s all the match committee’s fault.  The scapegoating just continues to gather momentum and the real architects of our downfall avoid scrutiny  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #121

I just find it amusing that team selections blamed on Bolton are repeated in his absence and it’s all the match committee’s fault.  The scapegoating just continues to gather momentum and the real architects of our downfall avoid scrutiny  ::)

Oh I don't think they've escaped scrutiny, David. Not even a little bit. The media stuff (TV, Radio, Print & social media) on SOS, Judd and MLG in particular is far from glowing - in fact it's damning... they failed, they're under the pump and they know it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #122
Oh I don't think they've escaped scrutiny, David. Not even a little bit. The media stuff (TV, Radio, Print & social media) on SOS, Judd and MLG in particular is far from glowing - in fact it's damning... they failed, they're under the pump and they know it.[
And so they damn well should be, they failed dismally and should stand down now. They (Judd and MLG) should have nothing to do with selecting the next coach
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #123

Blaming the coach, BB or otherwise, for team selection is not really justified anyway as he is only one voice at the selection table?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #124
Blaming the coach, BB or otherwise, for team selection is not really justified anyway as he is only one voice at the selection table?
But would have a fair say I would imagine Cookie
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #125
But would have a fair say I would imagine Cookie

Yep for sure, but I'm not clear who would be the champion of which players. I guess there would be different opinions/agendas in play e.g. winning v. player development v. needs to fill a specific team role etc etc.

Reply #126

I agree, but I probably see the problems in different magnitude to many, they need a whack but not a decapitation! In much the same way I thought BB needed a shot across the bow and not a firing squad!

It's clearly a failing of our club, that we see repeated over and over;

No action
No action
No action
No action
Overreaction

Am I being unfair?

I'm much prefer to move the Titanic around with lots of little nudges, rather than an iceberg! Our Executive and Board come across like the Titanic's Captain, with a reaction that is all too late no matter what it's magnitude might be!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #127
We don't know what has transpired between BB and club management/other coaches etc. in the lead up to his departure.  He could well have been counseled for all we know. I'm sure Wallsy wasn't in the coaches box just to pass the time of day and a have a powerade with him.

Reply #128
I'm sure Wallsy wasn't in the coaches box just to pass the time of day and a have a powerade with him.

He is a legend, but let us not guild the lilly on his powers, Walls is as archaic as Malthouse and Sheedy. If he was in there for anything more than a match day token or offering to appease fans it is damning on our club!

Tactically Walls would be almost worthless in modern football!

If a Judd or Carrazzo type had been in the box, it would be a different issue. In fact as Director of Football, I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Judd in the coaches box as an observer, that's where he should be in my opinion, not with his MMM bum buddies!

It's a very valid question, why the feck Walls is in the box and Judd isn't?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #129
He is a legend, but let us not guild the lilly on his powers, Walls is as archaic as Malthouse and Sheedy. If he was in there for anything more than a match day token or offering to appease fans it is damning on our club!

Tactically Walls would be almost worthless in modern football!

If a Judd or Carrazzo type had been in the box, it would be a different issue. In fact as Director of Football, I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Judd in the coaches box as an observer, that's where he should be in my opinion, not with his MMM bum buddies!

It's a very valid question, why the feck Walls is in the box and Judd isn't?

I don't think Walls was mentoring BB in any way and offering advice - he was observing him and his actions/decisions/methods and reporting his findings. Judd of course is non-operational  ::).

Reply #130
Judd of course is non-operational  ::).

Observing isn't operational unless you get involved, if Judd's not in the box watching first hand what information does he rely on to make a judgement, feedback from Walls or feedback from his commentary box bum buddies? :o

So is Judd really Director of Football, or is that just another token position like Walls mentoring role?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #131
Observing isn't operational unless you get involved, if Judd's not in the box watching first hand what information does he rely on to make a judgement, feedback from Walls or feedback from his commentary box bum buddies? :o

So is Judd really Director of Football, or is that just another token position like Walls mentoring role?

I was being a little sarcastic - I don't think Juddy would really want to be on show in the coaches box - he's above that sort of work.  :)