Skip to main content
Topic: Round 1 2015 (Read 69408 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 1 2015

Reply #45
Then the mighty Mick is just as likely to come out and go bang...

FB. Walker, Rowe, Buckley
HB. Docherty, Jamo, Everitt
C. Simmo, Bell, Yarran
HF. Johnson, Henderson, Gibbs
FF. Menzel, Casboult, Thomas
Foll. Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy
INT. Cripps, Jaksch, Watson, Curnow

EMG. Sheehan, Wood, Tuohy, Whiley
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #46
One defensive half back who doesn't lose his spot very often and keeps it all together and that's not a bad back 6.

Reply #47
B: Sheehan, Rowe, Jamison
Hb: Tuohy, Jaksch, Simpson
C: Yarran, Gibbs, Everitt
Hf: Walker, Henderson, Thomas
F: Menzel, Jones, Casboult
Foll: Wood, Murphy
Rov: Carrazzo
I/c: Buckley, Curnow, Docherty, Judd
Emerg: Cripps, Graham, Whiley

*Decent pre-seasons and games from the 3 emergencies would hopefully push them ahead of some others.

Reply #48
No love for Kreuzer Pratty?
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #50

*Decent pre-seasons and games from the 3 emergencies would hopefully push them ahead of some others.

Agree with that lineup Pratty for the most part.
- If Kreuzer is fit and firing he should be our no.1 as Casboult has to be in the side for his contested marking is invaluable.
- Carrazzo will struggle to get in the team next year for mine  love him though and we need more players with his passion for the club.
- Hope to god we play Walker forward as well and that lineup is pretty good if you ask me, just becomes between the ears issue.

Reply #51
FB:    Buckley    Jamison  Jaksch
HB:   Docherty   Rowe  Simpson
C:    Yarran    Judd    Whiley
HF:   Menzel  Henderson   Thomas
FF:    Walker    Jones   Casboult  
Foll:   Kreuzer     Gibbs   Murphy   
I/C:   Cripps    Sheehan  Everrit   Carrazzo     

Reply #52

- If Kreuzer is fit and firing he should be our no.1 as Casboult has to be in the side for his contested marking is invaluable.
- Carrazzo will struggle to get in the team next year for mine  love him though and we need more players with his passion for the club.
- Hope to god we play Walker forward as well and that lineup is pretty good if you ask me, just becomes between the ears issue.

Hope Whiley or Cripps does enough to force out Carrazzo or Curnow. I don't rate Graham. Not quick enough or committed to any defensive work. Also disposal is variable.

Reply #53

Hope Whiley or Cripps does enough to force out Carrazzo or Curnow. I don't rate Graham. Not quick enough or committed to any defensive work. Also disposal is variable.

But is Whiley a pure mid or is he more of a flanker type? Never seen anything of him to be honest. I don't know about Graham there is something about him I like. I just think he needs to be quicker with his brain to make up for the other stuff, look at some Sammy Mitchell tapes if I was him.

Then you have Cripps who if he can have an impact next year, Menzel goes up another level or is more consistent, Hendo to have solid year, Kreuzer fit....you just need a few things to go your way and all of a sudden. Ahh nothing like offseason optimism though.

Reply #54
Like it, good job.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #55
Like it, good job.

Curnow is too well respected not to be included. Sheehan moved ahead of Touhy?

Reply #56
Like it, good job.
Agree he is well respected however it isn't for his elite disposal or footy brain I don't think. He is a fitness machine that can run all day and has a big heart. But less face it, we won't trouble the 8 with blokes like Curnow, Bell, Armfield etc in the side. Who of the mids goes out of that side to let Curnow in? Maybe Sheehan even though he isn't a mid however I really liked what I saw of him this year. I reckon he has drawn level (if not shaded ) 2E who had far too many kicked on him this year for my liking. In any case, I think when we do have a full compliment to pick from next year, coupled with good form,  will make for some interesting selection meetings. Competition for ALL spots is good and exactly  what we need.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #57
Curnow and Touhy would play Rnd 1 IMO..dont think Buckley, Cripps or Sheehan are walk up starts either...
Jaksch , Jones and Whiley will all play...Whiley will be in for Robbo to give us the grunt and tackling presence we will miss.
Bell and Carrazzo will fight for a position IMO....

Reply #58
Like it, good job.

On later season form you'd have Sheehan ahead of Tuohy, but form changes year to year though so you never know. Happy to go either way there. Curnow depends on the development of Cripps in the pre-season and how well new players like Whiley go. Curnow could play before Cripps but again you have to see the progression in the pre-season.

Can't pick them all and have development of some, new players. Draft picks might burn up the pre-season and turn teams upside down further. We always have depth between October and March. Manages to vanish by April....lol!

Reply #59
Curnow and Touhy would play Rnd 1 IMO..dont think Buckley, Cripps or Sheehan are walk up starts either...
Jaksch , Jones and Whiley will all play...Whiley will be in for Robbo to give us the grunt and tackling presence we will miss.
Bell and Carrazzo will fight for a position IMO....

Reckon Buckley will be straight in. Other's up in the air either way but a very good chance Curnow and Touhy will play.

It's certainly a nice discussion to have though.