Skip to main content

Poll

Pick your best 22 players (22 votes allowed!)

1 - Walker
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
2 - Menzel
[ 18 ] (3.6%)
3 - Murphy
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
4 - Gibbs
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
5 - Judd
[ 5 ] (1%)
6 - Simpson
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
7 - Buckley
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
8 - Kreuzer
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
9 - Cripps
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
10 - Watson
[ 0 ] (0%)
11 - Warnock
[ 0 ] (0%)
12 - Boekhorst
[ 16 ] (3.2%)
13 - Yarran
[ 6 ] (1.2%)
14 - Jones
[ 0 ] (0%)
15 - Docherty
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
16 - Viojo-Rainbow
[ 0 ] (0%)
17 - Rowe
[ 15 ] (3%)
18 - Jaksch
[ 15 ] (3%)
19 - Giles
[ 0 ] (0%)
20 - Holman
[ 7 ] (1.4%)
21 - Sheehan
[ 4 ] (0.8%)
22 - Tutt
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
23 - Henderson
[ 3 ] (0.6%)
24 - Whiley
[ 3 ] (0.6%)
25 - Smith
[ 0 ] (0%)
26 - Foster
[ 0 ] (0%)
27 - Armfield
[ 19 ] (3.8%)
28 - Bell
[ 16 ] (3.2%)
29 - Gowers
[ 0 ] (0%)
30 - Johnson
[ 0 ] (0%)
31 - Dick
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
32 - Graham
[ 20 ] (4%)
33 - Everitt
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
34 - Walsh
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
35 - Curnow
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
36 - Wood
[ 12 ] (2.4%)
37 - Fields
[ 0 ] (0%)
38 - Byrne
[ 7 ] (1.4%)
39 - Thomas
[ 19 ] (3.8%)
40 - Jamison
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
41 - Casboult
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
43 - White
[ 14 ] (2.8%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 6 ] (1.2%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)
47 - Russell
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Topic: Pick your best 22 players - Part 8 (Season over - wooden spooners) (Read 118785 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pick your best 22 players

Reply #60
FWIW  my current best 22.

B   Docherty Jamison Simpson

HB  Everitt Rowe Tuohy

C  Carrazzo Murphy Judd

HF Yarran Casboult Thomas

F   Menzel Jones Walker

Foll  Kreuzer Judd Gibbs

IC Curnow, Dick, Buckley , White
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #61
No Henderson Thry?

Apart from that, it is quite a well balanced and strong 22.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
We didn't get Dick from Sydney to not playround one. I actually went with the usual suspects with Jones and Dick being the only changes.

Can't accept that logic.

Going by that logic, every player we got in should play. Jakchs, Wiley, Tutt, Jones and Dick...and why not Boekhorst, Smith and co as well.

Following on from that, that means a lot of the players who were playing are not going to get a gig in starting 22.

So....
Why keep players who are not best 22 on our list?

The answer to that question is also the real answer to your question. We got Dick, and kept the players we did, because we need depth. Injuries will occur and players will improve and go through rough patches. I suspect Dick might play the odd game, but its too simplistic to suggest we got him so he's an automatic selection for R1.

Reply #63
Who does Dick replace in the 2014 side?
Sheehan?

Reply #64
^^

Reminds me of Robbie Gray not Stevens. Stevens was very much a run and deliver player, he had more speed but Graham will win you more contested ball.
Fair enough, havent seen anything special from him in the ones or the twos, alot of hype but not much else. Like always, will be happy to be proven wrong about him. Personally I reckon I'm safe in my opinion of him. 

Considering he was made sub by Mick the Prick in 90% of the games he played in I'm not surprised. Needs to be given a fair crack at it, he's certainly earned it in the twos. That is if being in the best players most weeks is earning a crack.
If he was good enough or ready, he would have started, he wasn't so he didn't, simple as that. I don't buy the Mick The Prick stuff. I accept that you don't like or rate him for various reasons, thats fine. What I won't accept is the notion that an AFL coach would play a bloke as sub just to be a kent! Sorry mate lets just agree to disagree and Graham.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
No Henderson Thry?

I have Hendo voted but I think I did something wrong...   I meant to put him in the backline.  I'll modify it.

Paul Hewson

Reply #66
No Henderson Thry?

I have Hendo voted but I think I did something wrong...   I meant to put him in the backline.  I'll modify it.

Tell the truth. You don't like the guy and left him out of your list deliberately. Your only back peddling now to cover your tracks. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #67
^^

Reminds me of Robbie Gray not Stevens. Stevens was very much a run and deliver player, he had more speed but Graham will win you more contested ball.
Fair enough, havent seen anything special from him in the ones or the twos, alot of hype but not much else. Like always, will be happy to be proven wrong about him. Personally I reckon I'm safe in my opinion of him. 

Considering he was made sub by Mick the Prick in 90% of the games he played in I'm not surprised. Needs to be given a fair crack at it, he's certainly earned it in the twos. That is if being in the best players most weeks is earning a crack.
If he was good enough or ready, he would have started, he wasn't so he didn't, simple as that. I don't buy the Mick The Prick stuff. I accept that you don't like or rate him for various reasons, thats fine. What I won't accept is the notion that an AFL coach would play a bloke as sub just to be a kent! Sorry mate lets just agree to disagree and Graham.

Okay but just one more thing. If he's not ready then why play him let him develop in the magoos. Just silly player management.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
No Henderson Thry?

Tell the truth. You don't like the guy and left him out of your list deliberately. Your only back peddling now to cover your tracks. ;D

No chance, love Hendo.  Works hard and would be one of my first picked which is why I missed him in the 22.  I can't figure out who I put in my 22 who I didn't vote for though.

Paul Hewson

Reply #69
FWIW  my current best 22.

B   Docherty Jamison Simpson

HB  Everitt Rowe Tuohy

C  Carrazzo Murphy Judd

F   Menzel Jones Walker

Foll  Kreuzer Judd Gibbs

IC Curnow, Dick, Buckley , White

Docherty's is not a BP's sphincter.... though I reckon he can be a player.

Clem Smith for the BP role - any day of the week.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #70
^^

Maybe one day, but I would like to see him play a game at AFL level before we call him our starting 22 back pocket.

Even so, here is my updated team, with Hendo in it (I still cant believe I left him out!).

B   Buckley Henderson Simpson

HB Jamison Rowe Tuohy

C  Carrazzo Murphy Judd

F   Menzel Jones Walker

Foll  Kreuzer Judd Gibbs

IC Curnow, Everitt, Docherty , White

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
@Thry

I know Juddy's pretty darned good Thry but do you really think he can be in two places at the same time?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #72
:))

Third time lucky Thry??
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #73
B   Chris Judd   Chris Judd   Chris Judd
HB   Chris Judd   Chris Judd   Chris Judd
C   Chris Judd   Chris Judd   Chris Judd
HF   Chris Judd   Chris Judd   Chris Judd
F   Chris Judd   Chris Judd   Chris Judd
Fol   Chris Judd   Chris Judd   Chris Judd
IC   Chris Judd   Chris Judd   Chris Judd
   Chris Judd      

Easily our best team.

Reply #74
Seriously though - you'd have to wait until a couple of preseason games are done to see which of the new guys looks like making the most impact. Until then the starting 22 I'd go with:

B   Andrew Walker   Michael Jamison   Kristian Jaksch
HB   Chris Yarran   Sam Rowe   Kade Simpson
C   Blaine Boekhorst   Bryce Gibbs   Dale Thomas
HF   Levi Casboult   Liam Jones   Andrejs Everitt
F   Troy Menzel   Lachie Henderson   Jason Tutt
Fol   Matthew Kreuzer   Chris Judd   Marc Murphy
IC   Dylan Buckley   Mark Whiley   Zach Tuohy
   Patrick Cripps      

I'm a little concerned about Cripps pace. He, Tutt and Whiley would be the most borderline selections. Unless those type of guys can really come through it could be a long year.

We don't bat that deep really. I don't really rate Bell, Curnow and Graham but if they come good then great.