Skip to main content
Topic: RIP Peter Sarstedt (Read 2597 times) previous topic - next topic

RIP Peter Sarstedt

Those of you of a certain age will remember "Where do you go to my lovely?"  It certainly brings back memories of interesting times in my life.

Singer-songwriter Peter Sarsted passed away at the age of 75.

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: RIP Peter Sarsted

Reply #1
I'm more this versions vintage

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfav8_no-mercy-where-do-you-go_news
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
I remember him but was not really a fan. His brother was Eden Kane (still with us I think) who I was not a fan of either.

Sad news though. RIP.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
I remember him but was not really a fan. His brother was Eden Kane (still with us I think) who I was not a fan of either.

Sad news though. RIP.

Eden Kane's Brother  ;)
(that's how they used to introduce Peter's songs when he first broke through) :D
...and folks are probably saying "who the fck was Eden Kane" ;D
I was a fan of both.

Looks like it's last drinks for Pete... RIP

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/k010JKRtUHc[/flash]

Reply #4

Sad news though. RIP.

I have very fond memories of a group of us travelling in a Kombi while the driver (who later managed INXS) sang alternate, raunchier lyrics for the duration of the trip :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Not a fan either, but do respect his talent. RIP Pete old cock.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
Sarstedt was one of those "Soundtrack of your life" singers....even if you weren't a fan, hearing the music reminds you of a time in your life or the place you were living at the time when his music was being played regularly.

Re: RIP Peter Sarstedt

Reply #7
Will have a frozen orange juice in his honour...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006