Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon (Read 40063 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #90
Only negative for me was Thomas, again, just not close to AFL standard

A bit harsh JB.  I thought Daisy was OK today and his experience was important.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #91
His first game back  in 91 or 92 when we beat the Crows we had a lot of debutantes:  Sholl, Paul MacCormack, Ronnie D....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #92
Only watching on TV but SPS and especially Williamson's clean hands and disposal early were outstanding

Reply #93
Funnny how we see games, Gibb really annoyed me today, couple of lazy missed shots on goal and a bazillion hacked kicks foward (many on his left side) to nobody, but a heap of tackles and got to every contest all day so couldn't fault the effort.... Simpson similar (constantly caught on wrong side) but kept getting to the drop of the ball.  Contrasted with Palmer who had an awful first half but applied manic pressure in the second which locked the ball in and really exposed the bummer's small backs.  Wouldn't place any in the best but still made critical contributions.

Pickett struggled in the wet but looks like he could kick a bag one day, needs game time.  Burnt three goals today.

Agree on Gibbs, got me frustrated at times with lazy stuff but seemed to enjoy tackling Essendon players and I thought he earned his money, Simpson didnt enjoy the wet and played a very conservative game IMO.
Palmer was rusty all day IMO but he did give some effort in the 2nd half....Kerridge was hopeless all day and couldnt do anything right till that last goal but that should give him another game.
Pickett is a bit of a daredevil who backs himself and doesnt care if its wet or dry he just plays the same way and in the wet he came unstuck but at Etihad in the dry could come out and kick a bag vs the Suns...

Reply #94
Daisy stank today, missed every target, couldn't keep his feet and too slow to apply real pressure in the corridor on their runners.   Seemed out of position all day and couldn't work out his role...

Reply #95
How emotional is son of sos. ?
He cried last week and did it again today.

Reply #96
It was good to see the want though wasn't it?

Reply #97
Rowe has played plenty of 'best games' during his time at the club. They are quickly forgotten however.

He was, what, top 6 in the B+F last year? Give the bloke some credit, he does his job more often than not.

Who's knocking him? IMO it was one his best games he's played with us.

Reply #98
Think you can forgive the execution today given the conditions - it was really all about effort, and we had that for 4 qtrs. Thought we outplayed them completely, and had the game on our terms for the vast majority.

Highlight for me was our backline - defended really well, we always seemed to have someone in the right place at the right time... very similar to our good footy of last year.

Will also make mention of SPS - has a real crack, and has a bit of skill to go with it.

Reply #99
What a win. The poise shown by Williamson on debut in that weather and intensity was immensly impressive. I had him pencilled in as one to watch when we drafted. I think Bolton has Macreadie and Williamson earmarked as our future Stratton and Birchall respectively.

SPS also showing signs of what he will do once he puts on a bit more muscle and builds a serios tank. Hats off to Rowe again playing another solid game. That backline depth is something really positive now.

Reply #100
Oh and by the way....we kicked your arse Diesel...LOL :D ;)

Reply #101
Oh and by the way....we kicked your arse Diesel...LOL :D ;)

X2

Suffer in your jocks Diesel  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #103
Essendon are clearly on drugs... did you see Cale Hooker's hairdo?

Reply #104
There were more players inside the circle than on the outside of it when they were singing the song ;)......well almost ;D

Can someone give me a link to see the singing of the song please.

Found it!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSqJkijj7KW/
2024... Moir of the same to come