Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 6134 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 4 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #60
I reckon it will be
Martin for Durdin
Saad for Boyd
Kemp or Dow the sub
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
I think Kemp might be a good inclusion, he has some decent run and can play on talls or smalls. Especially if there are any doubts about Pitto's fitness and we intend to ruck SoJ or Young.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
I reckon it will be
Martin for Durdin
Saad for Boyd
Kemp or Dow the sub
If Pitto is fit, 100% this. Only question mark would be the sub. Fogarty an option....if wet conditions are expected which someone suggested.

Reply #63
Looking at the forecast, the chance of rain during the game is pretty low (<20%).

Wet on Saturday
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #64
Rankine is back, I suspect that will be a project for Doc, I can't see another match up for him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
We have a game this weekend but we got Port next week and they look awful.

Reply #66
Four interchange players and the sub to come from Jordan Boyd, Paddy Dow, Lachie Fogarty, George Hewett, Jack Martin, Jack Newnes, Lochie O'Brien and Adam Saad.

Despite Vossy praising Boyd's effort at the contest, I think that he will struggle to keep his spot.  The interchange bench will be Hewett, Saad, O'Brien and Martin, with Dow as the sub.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #67
A few more losses like that and hinkley might be out of a job pretty soon

Reply #68
A few more losses like that and hinkley might be out of a job pretty soon
Yep agree, going to watch the Port game so I hope they dont continue that last 10 mins of the last quarter form.
They are going to be real desperate and I never like playing good teams after a drubbing, Wines out should help on top of all their other injuries and without Dixon dont see how they can beat us.

Reply #69
This is still a Covid affected season, nothing is certain!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
Agree EB. Voss would know a fair bit about them too which will surely help?

Hard not to get ahead of ourselves after so long in the wilderness but the GC and Port games give us the perfect opportunity to set up a genuine finals tilt this year. If we can get to 5-0 and have guys like McGovern only a few weeks away, as well as guys like Dow, Motlop etc in good form in the VFL, then we're in a good place.

But we've lost to GC before when we should've won.....humid, slippery conditions won't help us but with our midfield grunt we should have more opportunities to score than them.

Reply #71
Lost to GC last year by bombing it long and then watching them run it back out.
After the last  3 quarters against the Hawks I hope its something we are working on.

Reply #72
But we've lost to GC before when we should've won.....humid, slippery conditions won't help us but with our midfield grunt we should have more opportunities to score than them.
All those longer range around the corner set shots and banana kicks become almost harder if not impossible when conditions get greasy, the ball won't bend in flight and basically skids straight on when it hits the ground.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
LP....a reason why I think we'll miss Durdin this week....his work when the ball hits the ground is really good. Puts a bit more pressure on Owies this week. Might be in Jack Martin's favour....he might be the IN for Durdin.

Reply #74
LP....a reason why I think we'll miss Durdin this week....his work when the ball hits the ground is really good. Puts a bit more pressure on Owies this week. Might be in Jack Martin's favour....he might be the IN for Durdin.

Agree. I reckon Durds is the best of our 3 small forwards... his defensive work, speed and opportunism will be missed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17