Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 16 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 4844 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 16 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs St Kilda

At this this game is a Friday night. Getting up to work the next day is a major problem, especially as it can take me a couple of hours to get to sleep in the first place.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 16 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #1
Well that was fun to watch...not.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
A winnable game down the crapper ☹️😵‍💫

Reply #3
11.3 to 8.14 after quarter time.

Reply #4
We are pretenders
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5
We are pretenders
An apt description when 5th plays 10th and loses.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #6
Centre clearance. No centre clearance no chance. Hate losing to these f#$@k#@ Pr($cks

Reply #7
May have been drinking there own bathwater aftet beating Freo ?

Reply #8
Centre clearance. No centre clearance no chance. Hate losing to these f#$@k#@ Pr($cks
When the ball hit the deck they took us to the cleaners, that's been our strength all year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
We need to get a good hard look at ourselves. We will finish in the top 8 but probably just making up the numbers. Even with players coming back. Players that don’t have match endurance. This was the win we needed and failed. Too many passengers again. How Charlie and Harry couldn’t embrace their superiority is just lazy and hoping for free kicks. Poor delivery to the forward players and a lack of grunt at clearances. We should have lost by more. This is a loss we didn’t need. Maybe we needed it to ground us. CRASH, Thump, boom, explosion and heaps of fire. Are we grounded after that game? If not, WAKE THE F@CK UP. We are not flag contenders yet. Not based on our last performance.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10
We are pretenders
Didn't expect us to be contenders yet but I expect that we give ourselves the best chance possible, not piss what chances we have down the bloody drain.

Reply #11
Worst game of the year.  Was still winnable.  Adam cerra rushed back in too soon.  Was rubbish.  Dow must be wondering what he's done wrong when cerra serves up that garbage.

The problem with today's game is that its all happened before.  Membrey with 4, our talls missing regulation set shots all night and getting cut up on the outside all night. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Conceded 14 goals majority from turn overs. Positives are - experiments need to end this week.

Reply #13
I think we may have got more credit  for the Freo win than was warranted....and I suspect we'll get more criticism than is warranted for this performance.
At the end of the round we'll probably sit on the ladder exactly where we should be.

Reply #14
An apt description when 5th plays 10th and loses.

I've been saying our injuries and related adaptations will take a toll. Even as players return, they take a game or two to find their touch. Hence 4/8 not guaranteed, and a slide quite likely. We've hit that mark IMO, and 4/7 is becoming less likely. Hope I'm wrong but if we do play finals we will scrape in. Our poor % may become the deciding factor.

Tonight we looked that half second off it most of the game. That's all it takes. Cerra, Honey, Kemp to lesser extent, not in touch. Poor buggers TDK and SOS were monstered. Our mids in general were slightly off giving them enough opportunities and they took them.

Our goalkicking was deplorable. Every goal took so much effort, as did most of the  points. There's the game right there, against a side of 18 hard workers.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.