Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 16 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 2885 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 16 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Hawthorn

10 goal win.
No injuries.

Take that every week.

Re: AFL Rd 16 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #1
Where is everyone ? Good news really is bad for business.

Reply #2
I think people are still in disbelief of the first half

Reply #3
Dominated most statistical indicators, and I believe our tally today of 87 tackles is a season high. We may well end up with a clean sweep of the Coaches' votes.

Reply #4
We won!

We needed the percentage again after the draw Friday night.

Reply #5
I thought Jack did really well in the ruck today.
We lost the hit-outs by heaps, and it may not stand up in the coming weeks, but we mightn't have an alterantive to the Young/Silvagni combo
Jack jumped high a couple of times over the top of them, and made some really good follow up efforts.
He was much more effective around the ground than the Hawk rucks who are "one trick" ponies.
He also had 10 score involvements.
More importantly the interaction between him and Voss at the end of the game seemed to indicate that they were both happy with his efforts.

Reply #6
We lost he hit-outs by heaps, and it may not stand up in the coming weeks, but we mightn't have an alterantive to the Young/Silvagni combo
Jack jumped high a couple of times over the top of them, and made some really good follow up efforts.
He was much more effective around the ground than the Hawk rucks who are "one trick" ponies.
More importantly the interaction between him and Voss at the end of the game seemed to indicate that they were both happy with his efforts.

I just did an analysis of that in the Pittonet thread.
Best ruck out there today.....including the hawks blokes.

Reply #7
Where is everyone ? Good news really is bad for business.

Me, myself, I wondered that at the in-game thread 😆
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
Dominated most statistical indicators, and I believe our tally today of 87 tackles is a season high. We may well end up with a clean sweep of the Coaches' votes.

That never gets old. Hope it dominates the fickle media.

I was hoping the headline would be "No post bye Blues"
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
We lost he hit-outs by heaps, and it may not stand up in the coming weeks, but we mightn't have an alterantive to the Young/Silvagni combo

Jack's best game in yonks. Maybe the bye and the spell in the 2's did the trick.

Reply #10
A win is a win and it was an even contribution today but the next two weeks is where it's at for me in terms of judging where we are at.
Thought Martin had his best game since his first game for us and Kemp is turning into a nice footballer down back.
Fogarty has also lifted the work rate down forward and has been unfairly treated over the journey in terms of selection.
Weitering should get off his charge, not sure what he was thinking but Meek got up so impact must have been low.
Cerra was my BOG....

Reply #11
Unfortunately I think the media may focus on Weitering being reported for a hit on the ruckman (I think)
I wonder if it was #22Nathan WA Wilkinson that reported him. Might conveniently see him miss v Freo 😎 (navy lenses)

Did anyone see it?
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
If Dees beat Giants, we're in the prestigious 13th spot
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
Hawthorn’s impotent opening half on Sunday created unwanted history, failing to kick a goal to half-time of a match at the MCG for just the second time. The only other time the Hawks were goalless at that stage of a match at the home of Australian football was against Melbourne in round 17, 1927, which was their third season in the competition. :)

Reply #14
I know we had the game won in the last and that the blokes probably didn’t have much in the tank, but I was frustrated by the ball use. We went back to slowing the ball movement and kicking to contests, and it failed much more than it worked out. There weren’t players presenting, or if they did they aborted when the kicker took so long to move. That has consistently failed over the past couple of months. Better to go sideways to an unmanned teammate than kick ahead to a 50/50