Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2020: In Game Action: Carlton vs. Richmond (Read 6491 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 1 2020: In Game Action: Carlton vs. Richmond

Reply #75
The difference: 4 more scoring shots, 4 goal win 😟

We were patchy. When we were poor it was a lack of team first effort, and terrible kicking. Too few forced into errors.

When we were better, it was the likes of Crippa, Casboult, Martin who excelled. Then our defense found their mojo.
In the end... it's clear who needs to lift and find some form.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #76
Riewoldt deliberately wiped his nose on Cripps at 3/4 time.

In this environment it's unacceptable behaviour!

Filthy slimebag.
Make him wear a muzzle!
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #77
Our ball use by foot kills us when the game is up for grabs

We can't hurt sides on the outside hence we're are forced to kick it into crowded spaces.We smacked the Tigers on the insides but they killed us on the outside and got easy goals as a result. The one real difference in the game.

Reply #78
Our inability to cut sides up on the outside kills us. Great with contested possession but on the outside, no good. Just doesn't allow us easy ball inside 50. Richmond's ability to waltz through the corridor and set up an easy goal was just about the complete difference.
Inability to hit a bloke with the same jumper kills us. Inability to score easy goals from virtually in front (Jones, Dow twice I think, SOS), theres the difference. To their credit they fought it out and minimised the damage. Still a loss.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79
Wonder what Teague said to effect that change

Reply #80
We should not be called The Blues anymore. We are officially the red time kings. I'd love to know how many goals we f'n concede every f'n quarter in the last 2 minutes.

Every f'n year rinse and repeat! F'n hopeless!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #81
Impressed with Martin, kicked straight, and used the ball well. Docherty made a good return and will be better vs a less fleet footed team. Thought Levi battled hard in the ruck and was handy all game. Richmond mids as a group probably won them the game although I thought Cripps was the best mid on the ground. Thought the tigers took the foot of the gas but we fought on well and it wasn't a bad effort vs a very good tigers team.