Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 434070 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #585
I can absolutely assure you this COVID-19 situation is far from over, driven primarily by this peripheral disease issue in children.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/coronavirus-linked-children-s-disease-cases-spike-in-italy-france-20200515-p54t8k.html

This is not sensationalist reporting, in fact the issue is being almost ignored at the moment as children do not buy newspapers, watch CNN or blog right wing conspiracies.

The prospect of setting up a large portion of a whole generation to ill-health is daunting governments and health authorities, there is a long term cost issue some wish to ignore for political purposes.

As an aside, it even appears that infected asymptomatic adults can also suffer some of the symptoms. With apparently unrelated rashes and dermatitis like complaints on hands and feet all beginning to show signs of an association.

Sobering thought, lots of current AFL players have pre-school aged children, I hope the AFL and AFLPA have the liability insurance paid up!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #586
Did I hear correctly, that the cohort of Patrick "Icypole" Dangerfield wants to see the AFL books before they take on the idea of a further paycut?

Apparently it seems some think this COVID-19 event is a hoax just designed by The Big House to rip them off!

Do we get to see the books too, and perhaps the player's and player manager's books as well, so we can accept their justifications for only taking an 8% annual paycut?

I feel we(the public) would be better off if all 780 of them(the players) bugger off to the USA to live out those conspiracy dreams, and we find local enthusiastic replacements!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #587
The first ball hasn't bounced and there are guys getting outed and banned right, left and centre for COVID-19 violations!

There are a bunch of new cases today, the bulk of them linked to single demonstrator from last weekends protests!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #588
The first ball hasn't bounced and there are guys getting outed and banned right, left and centre for COVID-19 violations!

There are a bunch of new cases today, the bulk of them linked to single demonstrator from last weekends protests!

No LP, there are no cases linked to the protester ... yet!

Some of the 8 new cases are still under investigation but returned travellers at Rydges are the main source of new infections.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #589

Kent
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #590
No LP, there are no cases linked to the protester ... yet!

Some of the 8 new cases are still under investigation but returned travellers at Rydges are the main source of new infections.
Yep sorry, went too soon, I heard it on radio at lunchtime that there were eight new cases linked to a protester and posted here. See what happens when you take what is reported by the media as truthful?

Will the protesters point that out when defending their actions, and if so will they use the same perspective when examining the way Floyd is now portrayed in the media?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #591
Yep sorry, went too soon, I heard it on radio at lunchtime that there were eight new cases linked to a protester and posted here. See what happens when you take what is reported by the media as truthful?

Will the protesters point that out when defending their actions, and if so will they use the same perspective when examining the way Floyd is now portrayed in the media?
Floyd was a career criminal who had been convicted for theft, criminal trespassing, aggravated robbery as well as entering a pregnant woman’s home terrorizing and pointing a gun at her stomach while looking for drugs and money.
I find it a contradiction he is now a civil rights martyr yet is guilty of crime, abuse and violence, I get how he died was wrong and the police concerned deserve the full wrath of the law but Floyd being depicted as a symbol of civil rights doesnt seem right to me..

Reply #592
Floyd was a career criminal who had been convicted for theft, criminal trespassing, aggravated robbery as well as entering a pregnant woman’s home terrorizing and pointing a gun at her stomach while looking for drugs and money.
I find it a contradiction he is now a civil rights martyr yet is guilty of crime, abuse and violence, I get how he died was wrong and the police concerned deserve the full wrath of the law but Floyd being depicted as a symbol of civil rights doesnt seem right to me..
A mate has a son going over to be a rookie punter in the NFL later this year, he was supposed to be there now but his departure was delayed for obvious reasons.

I genuinely fear for him, Floyd's become a universal excuse for lawlessness. My mate's boy is a nearly 200cm x 110kg beach blond who'll stand out like the proverbials on the street, and he's being sent to a rather worn out looking Southern colleague as a starter.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #593
How very dare you EB!
To all the pathetic protesting sheep here in Australia who continue to follow the lead of those imbeciles in the US, the family of Justine Damond says hi.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #594
Unless you blokes are saying he got what he deserved, then I suggest you avoid conflating separate issues. The fact that he was a career criminal should not obfuscate the main issues here.

Reply #595
How very dare you EB!
To all the pathetic protesting sheep here in Australia who continue to follow the lead of those imbeciles in the US, the family of Justine Damond says hi.

Justine's "murder" didn't exactly incite the same protests ... but they should have.  Pajama dressed, unarmed white women are such a threat.  Minneapolis again  

Reply #596
Justine's "murder" didn't exactly incite the same protests ... but they should have.  Pajama dressed, unarmed white women are such a threat.  Minneapolis again  
My point exactly, the officer was African American so I guess thats makes it ok in some peoples eyes. I am embarrassed to call myself Australian when I think about her death now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #597
Unless you blokes are saying he got what he deserved, then I suggest you avoid conflating separate issues. The fact that he was a career criminal should not obfuscate the main issues here.
Absolutely not saying that Pauly, that officer should go to jail for a very long time (ie life), just like any murderer. No one (black, white, red, pink, yellow, purple) deserves to be treated like that and murdered. I won't  believe for a second though that the act was racially motivated, just my opinion.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #598
My point exactly, the officer was African American so I guess thats makes it ok in some peoples eyes. I am embarrassed to call myself Australian when I think about her death now.

As unfortunate as her death was, I don't think you will find any evidence of sustained brutality in her murder, nor is there any evidence of a sustained history of violence by police against white women in the US. I think her murder was an unfortunate accident, and i don't see any proper connection with George Floyd

Reply #599
Absolutely not saying that Pauly, that officer should go to jail for a very long time (ie life), just like any murderer. No one (black, white, red, pink, yellow, purple) deserves to be treated like that and murdered. I won't  believe for a second though that the act was racially motivated, just my opinion.

The facts and history of the US speak for themselves. It's hard to see any other motivation for such sustained, blatant brutality, unless that cop is a psychopathic nut job who enjoys tormenting all his victims.