Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 115852 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #30
Everritt played as weak a game as I have ever seen, needs to be read the riot act.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31
Well, on tonight's form anyway, we seemingly have made zero progress on last year and it looks like being another long year ahead. We look frighteningly the same to me with all the same weaknesses, lack of skill, proneness to turnovers and inability to get to the ball and compete fiercely. Don't think I will be going along to many games this year I'm afraid - too frustrating to watch this and then have to catch a train home.  :( 

Gee, it's been a bl00dy ordinary week!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
Everritt played as weak a game as I have ever seen, needs to be read the riot act.

When you watch Kamdyn McIntosh's first game it really makes a contrast!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Just reminding you of what Mick said on the 21st March : 

“I shouldn’t say this in front of the cameras, but it’s very, very difficult to see where we’re going to lose a game,” Malthouse said to much applause.

“I can’t see it. I’m an optimist. I look at them at think: ‘Gee, they’re a good bunch of kids’, I love them and I reckon they can get the best out of themselves and we can have a damn good year.

“The most important thing is that you people say that they’ve had a crack at it. That’s fundamental to our growth.”
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #34
Ouch. we stunk it up and should have lost by more.

Awful kicking across the board and the same old suspects.  I expect Bell and Curnow to butcher it every time now. But even when we get a clean kick forward it goes high and slow and is easily cut off. This is a deeply worrying part of our game and it seems to be a problem of both poor kicking and forwards not providing options.

Docherty was one of our best, along with Yarren. Carrazzo got a bit of the ball and White tried hard but it fell away after that. 

Forward line is a debacle and there is little to show it is going to get much better. Our forward players (as opposed to actual forwards) have just too many limitations so it is always an exercise in filling gaps.  Rowe is not really a league player, Jones is a only a stopgap and it is hard to see what he provides in terms of a consistent forward presence.  Its good to take a grab and kick a couple of goals but more effort is required for the whole game.  And Henderson still seems too inclined to run backwards or struggle with his opponent.

We are going to struggle to kick more than 80 points a game as our midfield just dont kick enough and have not for some time. And was amazed at the number of missed tackles too, we looked out of puff by the last quarter, and many midfielders were struggling to make contests.

It's a long season.  :-\

Reply #35
Yep Docherty was the highlight, Menzel showed a bit, but he's done that all his career, we need Menzel to step up.
I thought Wood battled manfully.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
I'm glad For the support for Docherty. He was my best, clean hands, beat kick, good decisions..
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #37
Just reminding you of what Mick said on the 21st March:

“The most important thing is that you people say that they’ve had a crack at it. That’s fundamental to our growth.”

We must be shrinking!

Recession, recession they cried!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
Just saying on Ch7 Daisy out for 12-14 wks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39
i just cant see where the next coach is going to be coming from...or more importantly, whether they'd come

Reply #40
More bad news, Yarran has injured his right knee.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #41
Time to tank! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
I think it's now pointless continuing with Mick, we are at least 3 years away and if he's not by his used by date now he certainly will be by then!

Reply #43
I really hope that Rowe's game tonight was an aberration and that he continues his good form from last season. Would love to see him do well in 2015.

Reply #44
Great.  Round 1 and the only blokes who can kick are injured.  I hope SOS targets the right kind of playerwith that first pick.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?