Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 117536 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #105
It's easy to be negative after a game like that. But, there are some positives!

Docherty looks like he's going to be a player and Jones will be an effective third tall, when he is played alongside Casboult and Henderson. Casboult needs to play every week.

Jaksch will be an effective third tall back when he is played as one and not given the job on the big CHF. An early Michael Sexton played third tall for years before graduating to the CHF and FF. Everett is more equipped than Jaksch to play key back right now.

Wood, Rowe, Curnow, White try but are really fairly ordinary AFL players, but good WAFL/VFL players. Ditto Matthew Watson, Ellard and Armfield. Not too sure about Graham, Bell or Boekhorst. When these guys a struggling for a game we will be on the move.

Walker, Thomas, Kreuzer, Warnock, Casboult, Buckley, Sheehan and Byrne are all either upgrades or have more upside. Let's hope Foster comes on.

Next week I'd be bringing in Casboult, Warnock, Byrne and Buckley and omitting Rowe, Wood, Curnow and Smith.

Tuohy Jamison Jaksch
Yarran Everritt Simpson
Warnock Gibbs Carazzo
Judd Murphy Cripps
Jones Henderson Menzel
Buckley Casboult Docherty

White, Bell, Byrne, Boekhorst

Reply #106
Everitt on Kennedy?

Yeah, right....

Mind you on Jamo and Rowe's form, i'd prefer Helen Mirren tbh.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #107
It's easy to be negative after a game like that. But, there are some positives!

Docherty looks like he's going to be a player and Jones will be an effective third tall, when he is played alongside Casboult and Henderson. Casboult needs to play every week.

Jaksch will be an effective third tall back when he is played as one and not given the job on the big CHF. An early Michael Sexton played third tall for years before graduating to the CHF and FF. Everett is more equipped than Jaksch to play key back right now.

Wood, Rowe, Curnow, White try but are really fairly ordinary AFL players, but good WAFL/VFL players. Ditto Matthew Watson, Ellard and Armfield. Not too sure about Graham, Bell or Boekhorst. When these guys a struggling for a game we will be on the move.

Walker, Thomas, Kreuzer, Warnock, Casboult, Buckley, Sheehan and Byrne are all either upgrades or have more upside. Let's hope Foster comes on.

Next week I'd be bringing in Casboult, Warnock, Byrne and Buckley and omitting Rowe, Wood, Curnow and Smith.

Tuohy Jamison Jaksch
Yarran Everritt Simpson
Warnock Gibbs Carazzo
Judd Murphy Cripps
Jones Henderson Menzel
Buckley Casboult Docherty

White, Bell, Byrne, Boekhorst

Dont see Wood being dropped for Warnock...the latter is next to useless and Wood was reasonable vs Maric.
Buckley and Boekhorst are fair choices given we are playing in WA and need more run.....
Prefer Casboult than Warnock as well....
Agree on Foster.. he can convert which is an issue for Jones, Casboult and co
Byrne maybe needs some more VFL footy
Curnow wont get dropped especially with Priddis being such a dominant player when he plays us...
Dont see Rowe getting dropped either...but Zac Touhy is on borrowed time...

Reply #108
EB1

Plenty of shots fired there but truth be told, if your skipper and VC (Murph and Gibbs) look, act and play like {fill in the blanks as you please] why are any of the young blokes going to bust a gut.

Two #1 picks. Both are fails at this (advanced) stage of their careers. Ditto Kreuzer who can't even get on the park.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #109
We seem to have done an excellent job in bringing in "third players" FMD the Hawks got Franklin and Roughead in the same draft.

The only player who is potential elite IMO is Cripps. That's pretty f#%ked up. Menzel is also high quality but apart from them Jones, Tutt, Jaksch, Smith, Everitt, and Boekhorst aren't A-graders in the making.

Hawks can lure Gunston, Lake, Burgoyne, Frawley, Hale....We can lure Liam Jones.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #110
Dont see Wood being dropped for Warnock...the latter is next to useless and Wood was reasonable vs Maric.
Buckley and Boekhorst are fair choices given we are playing in WA and need more run.....
Prefer Casboult than Warnock as well....
Agree on Foster.. he can convert which is an issue for Jones, Casboult and co
Byrne maybe needs some more VFL footy
Curnow wont get dropped especially with Priddis being such a dominant player when he plays us...
Dont see Rowe getting dropped either...but Zac Touhy is on borrowed time...

So can't drop Wood, Curnow or Rowe? There's very limited upside with these guys, but acknowledge Curnow does tag effectively.

Agree on Tuohy.

Reply #111
Everitt on Kennedy?

Yeah, right....

Mind you on Jamo and Rowe's form, i'd prefer Helen Mirren tbh.

I think what I said is that Everritt is more equipped than Jaksch.

Reply #112
We seem to have done an excellent job in bringing in "third players" FMD the Hawks got Franklin and Roughead in the same draft.

The only player who is potential elite IMO is Cripps. That's pretty f#%ked up. Menzel is also high quality but apart from them Jones, Tutt, Jaksch, Smith, Everitt, and Boekhorst aren't A-graders in the making.

Hawks can lure Gunston, Lake, Burgoyne, Frawley, Hale....We can lure Liam Jones.

Feel free to judge young Clem on 1 game - that is pure stupidity. Everitt would get a game at most clubs ahead of guys like Rowe, Jamo; arguably Hendo on recent soft form.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #113
EB1

Plenty of shots fired there but truth be told, if your skipper and VC (Murph and Gibbs) look, act and play like {fill in the blanks as you please] why are any of the young blokes going to bust a gut.

Two #1 picks. Both are fails at this (advanced) stage of their careers. Ditto Kreuzer who can't even get on the park.

Fly...Agree on Murphy, Gibbs and MK....have not lived up to their NO 1 pick rating......

Reply #114
Feel free to judge young Clem on 1 game - that is pure stupidity. Everitt would get a game at most clubs ahead of guys like Rowe, Jamo; arguably Hendo on recent soft form.

No arguments from on Everitt vs our established players but that form is still miles off elite. As for Clem,  I'm happy to be proven wrong but Malthouse has picked him ahead of Buckley and Armfield so this deserves scrutiny.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #115
The Murphy turnover in the last was hard to watch and ended the game.

Reply #116
Eddy and Jeffy were quiet - unsighted, in fact.

But Cockatoo, our pick 7, looks like he might be a beauty.

Reply #117
No arguments from on Everitt vs our established players but that form is still miles off elite. As for Clem,  I'm happy to be proven wrong but Malthouse has picked him ahead of Buckley and Armfield so this deserves scrutiny.

Clem was a marketing selection.

Reply #118
3rd time lucky……

Can someone tell Bryce Gibbs to lose that Ponytail LA Real Estate magnate look on the 700k salary and looking at his property P/f rather than kicking to a 3/1 up the corridor Q2 when we are 22 points up and changing the momentum of the game after a soft defensive free>>>>what about slotting that goal from 40m instead of handing off to 2UE who luckily kicked it….wher's the leadership there?????

I know u won the Band F last year…but get a no.1 haircut and go and get the footy and play harder….I'm over you overpaid pony's

See what it's like to get a real job on 25k washing cars?….i'm over these overpaid wankers

Blues Membership Why Join?

Reply #119
Message to S Trigg……I've been a member for 10-30 years…saw my first GF in 1969 been OS and Interstate for 15-20 years and considering rejoining..when I see that sort of stuff served up today hard to re sign……Club wants to go 50k plus eh? sure….. I'll probably fold in as I love the club and sign up…but when these dorks like Gibbs and Boekhorst come out with ponytails on their heads with big numbers…(Gibbs yes Boeky no)I crack it….yes I can be a hypocrite as the Doormate had the headband and Brad Pearce played OK in 1995 GF win…….bt when we are playing bottom 12-16 and these blokes prance around…why should I get inspired to join the club????

Interested in your thoughts