Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 22612 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #120
Adelaide will be looking for redemption after that shock loss to the Hawks last week, unfortunately, we are going to be their punching bag.
That is the highest probability event. But it is not certain.
However, I will be going with low expectations.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #121
Adelaide will be looking for redemption after that shock loss to the Hawks last week, unfortunately, we are going to be their punching bag.

Punch back. Adelaide play well when it's on their terms and if pressured they are crap. In other words, front runners. We need to keep the pressure on throughout then we'll cause issues. If we let them off the leash though then they might run all over us.

Reply #122
It would be nice if it rains, but the outlook appears sunny! :(

I've noticed an bit of a trend in our selection process. It seems to me we keep picking blokes who's form is sliding at VFL level. It's like they've peaked and then when they put in a couple of quiet games they get the nod for AFL. It's happened too often for it to be by accident! Why?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #123
Punch back. Adelaide play well when it's on their terms and if pressured they are crap. In other words, front runners. We need to keep the pressure on throughout then we'll cause issues. If we let them off the leash though then they might run all over us.
precisely, that is one of the reasons Eddies always seems to go missing when the game is there to be won.
Now that I have said that he will probably put in a blinder.  ::)
Who will run with Eddie? Docherty?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #124
precisely, that is one of the reasons Eddies always seems to go missing when the game is there to be won.

That, and a bit of personal bias I suspect.

Hard to tell cause versus effect in those situations, but nearly everybody blames somebody! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #125
Now that I have said that he will probably put in a blinder.  ::)
Who will run with Eddie? Docherty?

Actually Eddie does have 24 goals is his last 8 finals. It is a tough life being a small forward in a side that is playing crap. You are reliant quite a bit more than any player on what happens up the ground.

Reply #126
Reckon weiters will play forward today.