Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 22600 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #45
Pickett as a small defender? Are kidding? He is a lazy little feck who has a very long way to go. Our defenders have been feral in their work rate this year, he wasnt feral in work last week for 30 seconds. No thanks, back to the twos and take a leaf out of LJ's book.

No not kidding. This is how to get his work rate up. See Liam Jones. Your reaction is the EXACT sort of reaction two years ago I got on here when I suggested that we move Liam Jones to defence. That's been a horrible decision hasn't it! Deja vu! Ha!!  ;D

Reply #46
Jack is a 3rd tall forward who will be more effective when we get two decent KP Forwards who are the main targets...Jack isnt quick but is a footballer rather than an athlete who relies on smarts and nous to get the job done. He was no superstar at U18 level so the high expectations are based on the Silvagni name rather than his initial abilities and form.
I think he has to work hard to be a better player as he isnt a gifted player who can live off talent alone but I think he can and will...

Think he'll become a midfielder in time. Clearance beast!

Reply #47
Im going easy on Pickett.

Interupted pre season, hasnt really settled into life as an AFL footballer that well to this stage.  This season was always going to be a "building exposure, learning" year for him.

They cant all be Marchbank and even he has been a bit down on how he started.

Patience blues fans, we are building something and its not going to happen quickly but every so often the train will get a glimpse of the station ahead and think its arrived only to figure out that its at the top of the next hill or even a few after this one.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #48
Im going easy on Pickett.

Interupted pre season, hasnt really settled into life as an AFL footballer that well to this stage.  This season was always going to be a "building exposure, learning" year for him.

They cant all be Marchbank and even he has been a bit down on how he started.

Patience blues fans, we are building something and its not going to happen quickly but every so often the train will get a glimpse of the station ahead and think its arrived only to figure out that its at the top of the next hill or even a few after this one.

With you on this Thry. I'll pay more attention to Pickett next year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49
Think he'll become a midfielder in time. Clearance beast!
Certainly Jack spent more time in the midfield at Xavier than he did as a forward.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #50
in 2018, we could see ACoS passing to Jack who passes to Ben who kicks a goal!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #51
in 2018, we could see ACoS passing to Jack who passes to Ben who kicks a goal!

I know this is the wrong thread to comment, but my contacts tell me that despite BoS being possibly the best/most gifted of the Silvagni lot he remains less committed to AFL as a career than the others. But it's just a rumor.

I've also been told a rumor that Hodge has implored the Dawks to try and draft him, which in fairness could also be Hodge showing favoritism for his charges!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
I know this is the wrong thread to comment, but my contacts tell me that despite BoS being possibly the best/most gifted of the Silvagni lot he remains less committed to AFL as a career than the others. But it's just a rumor.

I've also been told a rumor that Hodge has implored the Dawks to try and draft him, which in fairness could also be Hodge showing favoritism for his charges!

He can play for us for 5 years, win 3 flags, then retire and become a nuclear physicist!!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53
Lynch and Cameron out 

Reply #55
Blues by 6.

Fisher, Willo and Cuners to replace Graham (hopefully Adelaide bound, that hair cut might work over there!), Boekhurst (see ya lad) and Pickett (start working harder son).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #56
Blues by 6.

Fisher, Willo and Cuners to replace Graham (hopefully Adelaide bound, that hair cut might work over there!), Boekhurst (see ya lad) and Pickett (start working harder son).

Williamson is still two weeks away, Ed Curnow is out with a bruised larynx (see link below), but hopefully Fisher and Cuningham are back. Bring a 2nd key forward in too.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-tagger-ed-curnow-out-of-game-against-adelaide-with-bruised-larnyx-20170628-gx0mjb.html

Reply #57
Williamson is still two weeks away, Ed Curnow is out with a bruised larynx (see link below), but hopefully Fisher and Cuningham are back. Bring a 2nd key forward in too.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-tagger-ed-curnow-out-of-game-against-adelaide-with-bruised-larnyx-20170628-gx0mjb.html

Will miss Ed...Sloane has been down and due a good game...Thompson likely to be included will also make it tougher IMO....
Graham will probably stay in(haircut and all), maybe Kerridge to replace Ed....with Fisher and Cuningham back in
Out..Boekhorst and either Pickett or Smedts with Ed(inj)....like to see Pickett stay in and made to work harder...

Reply #58

Maybe time to give Harry M. a crack at the big time. Some guys just work better at the top level....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #59

Is that courtesy of one of Dusty's fend offs?
Reality always wins in the end.