Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 22604 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
The Dawks poked the bear last week, now we are going to cop the retaliation this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Crows are pretenders IMO...beat up big on the poor teams but the ones who play with a bit of grunt worry them....if we pick a good team we will be competitive.
Maybe Gibbs can up his trade value with a BOG......

Reply #17
out - Pickett Boakhorst Smedts Graham SPS

IN -  Help me out please :D

Hopefully Fisher, Cuningham and Williamson are fit. Time to play Jaksch to just to find out what he got before we make a decision on him. The lack of a 2nd key forward hurt big time last week.

Reply #18
Time to play Jaksch to just to find out what he got before we make a decision on him.

Fantasyland. Jaksch is in exactly the same position as Jones. We know exactly what they have to offer until, over a 4-5 week period in the NBs they can show us something different they can offer. Compare the pair, Jaksch is one dimensional, inconsistent and lacks purpose (lazy).

Reply #19
Fantasyland. Jaksch is in exactly the same position as Jones. We know exactly what they have to offer until, over a 4-5 week period in the NBs they can show us something different they can offer. Compare the pair, Jaksch is one dimensional, inconsistent and lacks purpose (lazy).

Sadly, that's very true. 

Like many supporters, I was expecting Jaksch to be the swingman that would change our fortunes.  It's not going to happen and there'll be a spot on our list in 2018.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
hard to bring Buckley in when he has been doing stuff all in the VFL.

Jacksh the same.

Kerridge and Palmer are the 2 standouts from the twos at the moment.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #21

Jacksh the same.

We already know that Kerridge and Palmer are only stop gaps and not part of the future. I would only play them in the seniors if we have to.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Kerridge still has plenty to offer....

I've seen him play some bloody good games.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23

Jacksh the same.

Buckley was decent on the weekend from what I saw. Probably has a tendency to bomb it when running at pace which may be the thing holding him back. Defensively was ok. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a game soon.

Reply #24
Kerridge still has plenty to offer....

I've seen him play some bloody good games.....

He's a foot soldier IMO FB. We need to be searching for better, but he's OK when we really need him for the time being. From my observations he certainly puts in but seems to fumble too often and makes too many poor decisions for my taste.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
He's a foot soldier IMO FB. We need to be searching for better, but he's OK when we really need him for the time being. From my observations he certainly puts in but seems to fumble too often and makes too many poor decisions for my taste.

His fumbling and decision making are not too bad when lined up against his disposal.
That is his major flaw.
You cannot maintain possession with his disposal

Reply #26
His fumbling and decision making are not too bad when lined up against his disposal.
That is his major flaw.
You cannot maintain possession with his disposal

Lead up HFF.

You have to have something to kick 6 a few times as a mid/forward....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27

We know Jaksch continues to play well at both ends of the ground in the VFL. Leads well, excellent mark and kicks well. Hits the scoreboard when forward and takes marks when back. I want to know if he can translate that to the AFL before we make a decision on him.

Admittedly that lack of purpose, as you say, maybe is keeping him out of the side. Otherwise he's certainly had the form to get a run in the seniors. We're missing a 2nd key forward. Unless we want to pick McKay, who has good VFL form but is developing still, then may as well be selecting Jaksch and see what he has to offer.

Reply #28
Look forward to most weeks. We are a chance every week no matter who we play. We may not win that often being a young, developing side, but we are always competitive with anyone, which always gives us some chance and keeps things interesting.

Reply #29
We know Jaksch continues to play well at both ends of the ground in the VFL.

Just a slight revision!

Jaksch had far less impact in recent weeks than White, Palmer, Sheahan or Byrne. I'd back any of them to fill a defense role and give Marchbank a crack at playing inside the F50 as a marking / tackling forward.

I'd rather see Palmer get a crack inside F50 than Jaksch.

I don't want to see Weiters rotated forward, he's immediately a better player across the field once he gets switched down back. He has a natural attacking edge, they should let him push forward on occasions, he seems to be better at pushing forward than Marchbank. Marchbank looks to me to be a more capable lead-up forward than Weitering. Williamson is another type that can defend and push forward to attack.

The clubs just needs to give them some license to improvise!

Have we failed to leverage Kreuzer's good form, is he pushing forward enough?

Watching at the weekend, I warmed to the idea of playing Levi as a CHB, but only when the conditions and opposition suit that tactic. But we need a better F50 setup to allow him to be left behind the play. At the weekend he played behind the ball while rucking and looked OK, but our F50 was left midget sized and ineffective. Perhaps if White had played he could have pushed forward.

Losing Fisher and Cunningham left us looking slow around the field, not just because of the lack of pace but because we became tentative and slow in decision making as well.

Lets no forget Kerridge, who has been in good form and has kicked bags of 6, 4 and 3 for Adelaide!
The Force Awakens!