Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 AFL Rd 1: Carlton vs Richmond at the MCG: Post Game Passion (Read 23663 times) previous topic - next topic

2019 AFL Rd 1: Carlton vs Richmond at the MCG: Post Game Passion

I don't expect to win, but I'll be damned happy if we do.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2019 AFL Rd 1: Carlton vs Richmond at the MCG: Post Game Passion

Reply #1
From the Hun:

Final teams

Alistair Paton
The final team sheets are in – and there are no late changes for either Carlton or Richmond tonight.

Both teams will go in as named.

Reply #2
Same crap different year!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #3
Need more grunt and run from the mid fielders and more leads from the forwards.
Simpleness!

Reply #4
Plenty of teams will be spanked by more than that by Richmond before the year is out.

Reply #5
Waiting waiting for the day it all changes

Reply #6
4 years, better team, game plan still hopeless. Our mids don't run so there's no way of opening it up for our forwards. Such a tough problem scoring. We have the players now.

Reply #7
Plenty of teams will be spanked by more than that by Richmond before the year is out.
Oh and that makes me feel better?????????????????

Reply #8
Totally disagree 24 possessions in a return match,  hard at it, rusty at time. I thought he was most impressive. We all see rhings differently!!

I know he's impressive.

What i said was that he struggled to make an impact.

Yes 24 touches is good, but as i just got through saying Ed Curnow had 25 touches. Did he have a good game?

IMO a lot of Setterfields touches were very vanilla. I guess my expectations on him were higher as most of his efforts had little impact on the game.

But i do like the kid, got him in my supercoach. ;)

Reply #9
Totally disagree 24 possessions in a return match,  hard at it, rusty at time. I thought he was most impressive. We all see rhings differently!!

Agree TC. Thought he looked lively and invested, made some good decisions. When you consider how much footy he's missed.

Thought Gibbons also had a real crack. Looked energetic and full on the whole night. Phillips and Daisy among the votes for me. Garlett quiet but did a bit in the last.

Young Walsh looked a bit off the pace, but that's to be expected.

Reply #10
Which is why i was saying we need a player like Polson in the team. Someone who almost gets enjoyment out of pressuring, chasing tackling the opposition.
Compared to our 2 FPs (Fas and Gibbons) who have been a non event.

As i said in the pre-match, no point having 2 dedicated FPs if you can't get the ball down there or keep it there when you do.

You're kidding if you think Polson would have made the difference. We had many, many passengers.

Fas wasn't the only bloke who looked like he hadn't played for 5 years and looked completely at sea. Newman, E Curnow, Simpson, Murphy, Thomas and Cripps kept us in it. Nice Cameos from a few and about a dozen were non-hackers.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
You're kidding if you think Polson would have made the difference. We had many, many passengers.

Fas wasn't the only bloke who looked like he hadn't played for 5 years and looked completely at sea. Newman, E Curnow, Simpson, Murphy, Thomas and Cripps kept us in it. Nice Cameos from a few and about a dozen were non-hackers.
Playing Polson wouldn't have won us the game. But playing him wouldn't have hurt.......like playing fas did. Every man and his dog knew Fas was rusty. Play him in the 2's to get rid of the rust.

Ed did his best to sabotage the game.

Entries inside 50 were pathetic.

Reply #12
Disappointing start and end to the game, with Rance off we had a real chance but failed to take advantage....

McKay, Charlie, McGovern and Fasalo wont work that often....too slow and not enough ground skills.

Philips was handy in the ruck but the Nankervis goals really hurt us....

Some good efforts from our new players but we are still a long way off from having a decent game plan.

Reply #13
Disappointing start and end to the game, with Rance off we had a real chance but failed to take advantage....

McKay, Charlie, McGovern and Fasalo wont work that often....too slow and not enough ground skills.

Philips was handy in the ruck but the Nankervis goals really hurt us....

Some good efforts from our new players but we are still a long way off from having a decent game plan.
Yes, a long way.....in our 4th year. These are the things I'm looking for most rather than the result  which will look after itself if we get it right.

Reply #14

Thought Ed Curnow was ordinary, any thoughts of playing him as a forward should be shelved.....cannot deliver the footy or think his way through a forward play......
Agree on Newman...started in a dodgy fashion with some defensive efforts but his kicking is excellent and is already the go to player in a Houli like way to deliver the ball out defense.....
Plaudits to Fisher...held up well vs Dusty who probably wore him down but our man tackled well and avoided the Dusty fend off better than most....