42 - Tuohy
[ 0 ] (0%)
43 - White
[ 0 ] (0%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: May 23, 2014, 09:56:28 pm

Topic: R8 - BEST on ground vs Saints (Read 16710 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - BEST on ground vs Saints

Reply #15
Finally, a tough call, but i'm happy with it. Took out the oppositions best player when it appeared he was becoming a problem. Sam Rowe was moved onto Riewoldt after he was towelling up Jamison early. Only had 1 goal kicked against him in the 3 quarters he played on him and that was a huge reason we were able to pull away and continue to dominate in the second quarter. Riewoldts last 2 goals were on Walker i believe.

May have had something to do with the fact that Reiwoldt didn't know where he was.

That didn't happen until the 3rd quarter i believe. Rowe had a game high 9 1%ers which usually translates to spoils for a backman.

Whether Roo felt the effects of the hit for a long time afterwards didn't stop him kicking goals on Walker in the last.

Credit where credit is due. Rowe has performed above expectations playing down back and is doing a role on some of the best.

He's now sailed past Watson. Nice to get a real McCoy pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work, Rowey.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
How good is it to have a guy that you can park on an opposition forward knowing that tthey are an even money bet to keep him quiet?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
3 4 and 6 with honourable mention to 13

Reply #18
How good is it to have a guy that you can park on an opposition forward knowing that tthey are an even money bet to keep him quiet?

Just so I can get my head around this, exactly who has Rowe beaten this year? I know he played on Reiwoldt once he was semi-conscious but other than that? Keep in mind I missed the Eagles game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19

Just so I can get my head around this, exactly who has Rowe beaten this year? I know he played on Reiwoldt once he was semi-conscious but other than that? Keep in mind I missed the Eagles game.

Objection your honour.... He passed the concussion test..  ;)

Reply #20

Objection your honour.... He passed the concussion test..  ;)

Passed or passed on? :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
Gibbs
Yarran
Rowe

Apologies to Kade Simpson...

Reply #22
Rowe did well, Reiwoldt's concussion was all in his head and there is nothing to damage there!  ;D

Watching the replay it appears we rotated Jammo, Walker and Rowe off Riewoldt with Jammo getting the hard yards at the start of each quarter. Walker and Rowe followed, Walker was out of his depth(size) but Rowe did quite well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
I know it was Jamo inside 50m and Walker outside 50m for the first half (which I think was good coaching). I only saw Rowe on him after the concussion though.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24
In all 1/4's Jamo and Rowe rotated onto him about 3 or 4 times each..  White and Walker both got brief stints..

Reply #25

Rowe has had a good season so far.

He may not have beaten his opponent in the definition of stopping them completely from having an impact, but I cannot think of tall forward who has really worked him over and kicked multiple goals on him.

Can you?

Even in our worst loss for the year, the Bombers talls only kicked a goal a piece with Winderlich doing most of the damage.

I thought Rowe did quite well against Cloke given just how much defending we were doing in that match.  The West Coast game was probably his best.  Pity you missed it.

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
I personally think he's a bottom four team's defender, and that's about how we're performing.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
That may very well be the case, particularly when you consider where he has come from to where he is now.

I still appreciate his efforts.  They are that much more admirable when you consider his history compared to what he is currently producing.  Some of his spoils have been through strength determination and workrate and nothing else.  I find it hard to knock a bloke doing his job, and doing it well.

Its also worth noting that he is harder than 90% of our team too.

When you consider his output, its also worth thinking about how often we have had someone else to partner Jamison over the years (aside from Henderson) who actually looks capable of stopping someone.  Rowe is achieving that.  Its a telling statistic that although we got creamed against both Collingwood and Essendon their key forwards didnt really get off the leash.

Paul Hewson

Reply #29
Fair enough, like I said, I haven't seen it but that said, I only had him in our worst players once this year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!