42 - Tuohy
[ 0 ] (0%)
43 - White
[ 0 ] (0%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: May 23, 2014, 09:56:28 pm

Topic: R8 - BEST on ground vs Saints (Read 16709 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - BEST on ground vs Saints

Reply #30
Its also worth noting that he is harder than 90% of our team too.

Certainly, harder and more mongrel as well!

Give me more of it I say, we need an enforcer and if he gets confidence look out!

Just when things start going good for Rowe MM will drop him for Bootsma, I just waiting for it to happen, you know it will!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Fair enough, like I said, I haven't seen it but that said, I only had him in our worst players once this year.

The bloke has ticker, and a lot of mongrel and is a big unit. Seems to read the play pretty well too and far more agile than many his size (198 from memory?)

Oh yeah, has played a total of 17 senior AFL games.

And you bag him out PI2C. That's BS.  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #32
WTF where have I bagged him out? I just said I don't think he's up to it. He is 26+ remember and has played 17 games? There's a reason for that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #33
WTF where have I bagged him out? I just said I don't think he's up to it. He is 26+ remember and has played 17 games? There's a reason for that.

Yeah, it took him a while to become committed to the lifestyle of an AFL footballer.

Oh...and that cancer thing didn't help either.

Reply #34
Was he even getting a regular game prior to that? I don't think he'd cemented his spot.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #36
Ahh fair enough, well regardless, not knocking the bloke or what he's overcome, just don't think hes the future. If we're 'regenerating' the list as MM said, we need to do it properly.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #37
I don't mind Rowe, he's not the most talented but he's taking his opportunity with both hands and gives his all.happy to have a couple of foot soldier to for others to appreciate how hard it is, and they should work harder to get the most out their talent.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #38
Ahh fair enough, well regardless, not knocking the bloke or what he's overcome, just don't think hes the future. If we're 'regenerating' the list as MM said, we need to do it properly.

You would be fine with him playing Bootsma or Watson instead?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
Definitely Watson we just signed him for two years so this will be what his fourth or fifth year sitting in the twos? Guy  played a decent game first up, got dropped and that's it again.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #40
I don't mind Rowe, he's not the most talented but he's taking his opportunity with both hands and gives his all.happy to have a couple of foot soldier to for others to appreciate how hard it is, and they should work harder to get the most out their talent.
I am with you ,he is getting better in every game he plays,I am thrilled for him  and he appears to be a top guy.  :)   

Reply #41
Definitely Watson we just signed him for two years so this will be what his fourth or fifth year sitting in the twos? Guy  played a decent game first up, got dropped and that's it again.

The thing I noticed with Watson is something I also noticed with Nick Stevens way back..   They both seemed to play very well in the pre season and very early on, then thats about it... For  Stevens it seemed he'd go well early because no one was at full fitness, but once everyone started to run into match fitness, then he got left for dead... 
I watched Watson blitz in the intra club matches and some pre season games he played last year and this year..  But it doesn't really transfer over to home and away season for him which is a shame..

Maybe just maybe, mick wants him to develop properly in the reserves so he doesn't lose confidence, whilst in the mean time he plays White and Rowe and the like.  From all reports though, he isn't actually doing much in the reserves to earn his spot back..  He aint quick, he aint overly tall, he aint overly big (head excluded) and he's not the smartest footballer.. All these things make him in between everything when it comes to playing down back.. His best asset is his big roost. But at the moment it doesn't outweigh his deficiencies..

Reply #42
re:Rowe..becoming a bit of a cult hero with those defensive spoils...the fans are really warming to him and for a  player who was maligned
he is now a favorite son...

Reply #43
re:Rowe..becoming a bit of a cult hero with those defensive spoils...the fans are really warming to him and for a  player who was maligned

He shows improvement, commitment and emotion, that is all we want and it stands out against our generally beige crew!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44

He shows improvement, commitment and emotion, that is all we want and it stands out against out generally beige crew!

Thats its it LP....he tries his best each week and his application to his work is better than more talented players.....
Watson could learn something about application and mental strength from Rowe....

Never seen a more ready made player than Watson in terms of physicial development which is what makes him so dissapointing.....built like Tarzan but plays like Jane.