Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Pre Game Investigations: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 16998 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Pre Game Investigations: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #30
Been calling for McKay to get a senior game for a few weeks, be great if he does debut this week.

Best of all, it will mean that all five draftees from last year will have played a senior game in their first year at the club which has to be a major positive to any other potential draftees or trades.

This week, let's smash them into oblivion, finish the season on a high and then get the player delistings started next week.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #31
Hoping Whiley gets a gig to replace Ed.

Had (have?) high hopes for this lad. Can win the pill, even at senior level, it's what happens after that that is presently the stumbling block.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #32

Had (have?) high hopes for this lad. Can win the pill, even at senior level, it's what happens after that that is presently the stumbling block.....

Dillon Vo Jo Rainbow should be playing for sure.  Not sure why they have developed a set on him

Reply #33

Rumour floating he hurt his shoulder and it doesn't look good.... like really bad and may not see him again.

Hoping it's a rumour, but good source, but yet to see anything.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #34
Been calling for McKay to get a senior game for a few weeks, be great if he does debut this week.

Best of all, it will mean that all five draftees from last year will have played a senior game in their first year at the club which has to be a major positive to any other potential draftees or trades.

This week, let's smash them into oblivion, finish the season on a high and then get the player delistings started next week.
There is nothing in the coaches report on Big H to suggest he deserves a gig in the 1s, perhaps its a case of giving him a taste of the big time.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
Whiley ...   too slow, doesn't impact enough and ordinary disposal.  Had enough chances at two clubs.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
Whiley ...   too slow, doesn't impact enough and ordinary disposal.  Had enough chances at two clubs.

They once said the same of Sam Mitchell.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #37
There is nothing in the coaches report on Big H to suggest he deserves a gig in the 1s, perhaps its a case of giving him a taste of the big time.

I'm not sure we want to gift anybody a game this week GTC - I really want to WIN this one so we should go in with our strongest possible line-up. I doubt whether young Harry qualifies atm?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #38
There was never anything wring with Mitchells disposal, at his first training session he was asked if he was left or right footed.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39
A must win game this week, I HATE losing to the Bumbers.
I was going to go to this game, but it's an EFC home game and I refuse to financially support those drug cheats.

I don't know if Harry Mackay has earned a senior spot yet, it wouldn't bother me for him to wait til next year to debut in the seniors.

Another game into SOJ and Cuningham will be extra experience and good for them leading into next year.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #40
A must win game this week, I HATE losing to the Bumbers.
I was going to go to this game, but it's an EFC home game and I refuse to financially support those drug cheats.

I don't know if Harry Mackay has earned a senior spot yet, it wouldn't bother me for him to wait til next year to debut in the seniors.

Another game into SOJ and Cuningham will be extra experience and good for them leading into next year.

Agree..one highlight every season even poor ones like we have been having for years is beating the bombers or putting them out of contention.... plus its going to be way tougher next year when they get their dirty dozen -1(Hibberd) back....

Reply #41
No Harry

In Jack and Kerridge

Bye bye Everitt.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #42
Don't have a link but got this quote from  a Carlton Facebook supporters page.....

"Teenage key forward Harry McKay is likely to make his AFL debut against Essendon on Saturday after an impressive display for the Northern Blues at Ikon Park last Saturday. If McKay, the No. 10 pick in last year's NAB AFL Draft, plays it will mean all of the Blues' 2015 draftees have been given a chance at the elite level this season. McKay, who was sidelined for the first half of the season with a stress fracture in his back, moved well despite having limited opportunities against Williamstown and kicked a goal. Jason Tutt was outstanding, gathering a team-high 32 touches. - Howard Kotton" Outstanding? Really? Howard must have just looked at the stat sheet rather than the productivity.

McKay is not ready or fit enough yet but I not would be strongly opposed to giving the kid a game in a dead-rubber final round.

Reply #43
Essendon* v Carlton at the MCG, 2.10pm AEST

Essendon*
In: B.Goddard, C.Dempsey, S.McKernan, N.Kommer
Out: M.Jamar, A.Cooney (retired), M.Stokes (retired), O.Fantasia (groin)

CARLTON
In: S.Kerridge, J.Silvagni
Out: A.Everitt , E.Curnow (knee)

Reply #44
No Harry

In Jack and Kerridge

Bye bye Everitt.
Selections as expected.
In SOS, Kero Out Ed, Everitt
CARLTON
FOLLOWERS