Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Pre Game Investigations: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 16997 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Pre Game Investigations: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #60
Interesting comments from Bolton in his pre-match presser:

"I'm not publicly going into conversations about what players are doing well and areas they need to improve on, but there's some growth areas that we're addressing and he's (Everitt) really clear on them," Bolton said.

"To Andrejs' credit, he's working hard to make that more consistent."

That suggests to me that Bolton sees an upside to Everitt.  Whether Everitt's hard work to address his growth areas pays off is the question.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #61
Tackling would be a good start.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #62

That suggests to me that Bolton sees an upside to Everitt.  Whether Everitt's hard work to address his growth areas pays off is the question.

Seemed to me to be playing the Everitt thing with a straight bat. You can't be critical of a product you're going to try and flog.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #63

Says to me that we have to try and get the best out of him while he's still on our books. A pretty non-committal statement IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #64
Seemed to me to be playing the Everitt thing with a straight bat. You can't be critical of a product you're going to try and flog.

Cynical Baggers?

I really don't think that Everitt has currency.  If that is the case, trying to address his shortcomings is a reasonable option.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
Tackling would be a good start.

What are you saying ???
He laid a tackle last week, hell he even started a second one. 2e happened to drop in to complete it.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #66
Cynical Baggers?

I really don't think that Everitt has currency.  If that is the case, trying to address his shortcomings is a reasonable option.

Agree that he'd have little currency. He seems to have a few dreadful habits, firstly, not to commit his body to the tackle/in dispute rough stuff. He tries to tackle with his hands and arms only which makes his tackles easy to break.

Secondly, he seems to be fragile/timid when serious heat is in the game, drops marks etc.

Thirdly, he seems to be a lazy pr1ck defensively speaking and when the ball is in dispute (doesn't work hard enough when he's not in the play), but when we gain possession he suddenly comes to life - lays off good handballs and sprints to create space and opportunity up forward. His offensive game is really good and that may suit another club. Bottom line is that when C Curnow, Harry, SOS etc are all playing regular footy Everitt won't get a look in. Could you really trust him to hurt for the club in the fire of a final? We've got a lot of blokes who will.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #67
He really is an enigma , one of the only players that can kick straight , can mark, but defensively poor, we have a bunch of players that fit the mould can do 2 out of three but poor the third. With a bunch of players like that hard to have consistency in a squad.

Reply #68
I know it's a nothing game but against this mob I never like losing. And this year more please we can't possibly lose can we.

Will be spewing if the cheats lift for this and we don't. And we know they have a habit of getting us when they are decent underdogs. They bought Goddard back so reckon they want to give it the best crack. Hate that pr1ck too.

Really want to end a promising year with a comfortable win.