Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 13: Pre Game posturing: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 16091 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 13: Pre Game posturing: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #75
Unless SOS had his lupara pointed at a few other recruiters, there's probably a reason why he went pick 53.

Yes, I know such a view will win me no friends around here. I know he's a fave of many. I'm just calling it as I see it. He could become anything (good or bad), but at this point, I see him as an honest toiler.

The main reason he dropped to 53 is that he had a shoulder operation in his draft year and didn't play a lot of footy. From memory he didn't test at the combine either.

He was also under aged for his draft year.  There was even a school of thought to say wait 12 months and go the following draft instead.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #76

Whatever their stats may say, I reckon JK and Jack are miles apart.

I agree there PP.
Jack is going OK and will play a lot of footy for us in the coming years, but JK he isn't.

I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #77
I agree there PP.
Jack is going OK and will play a lot of footy for us in the coming years, but JK he isn't.

I think it is missing the point of the original comparison.
Both were young players (Jack 3 months younger) coming into AFL playing 2nd forward in a team not doing so great.
I was huge wraps for JK whilst he was here (and he had a lot of detractors), yet at the same stage Jack is doing better than JK was, without a doubt at all.
Now JK has the advantage that he likely was going to fill out more so was perhaps less into his development, but my main point was to show there was nothing really to worry about with Jack, he is coming along nicely and (imo) ahead of the curve.

I wasn't saying that he will be a better player than JK when I put the post up, and I certainly was not saying Jack is anywhere near JK at present however... (in a different role) I actually think he might end up having a better career than JK does.

Though that is just based on watching the two play their early careers.

Geez that is a long way off who plays against Gold Coast tonight  ;D
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #78
JK could perhaps be forgiven for not showing much in his time with us, playing as he was alongside Fev (2006 Coleman Medalist) and to a lesser extent Betts. Apart from Wright, Jack has very little competition. 

At any rate, the wash up will come soon enough.

Reply #79
NBs on Channel 7 now!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #80
Macreadie having a shocker in the NB, looks very slow... is he carrying an injury?

Reply #81
Unless SOS had his lupara pointed at a few other recruiters, there's probably a reason why he went pick 53.

Yes, I know such a view will win me no friends around here. I know he's a fave of many. I'm just calling it as I see it. He could become anything (good or bad), but at this point, I see him as an honest toiler.

I think Jack's tracking pretty well, he's not going to be a superstar but I think he''ll make a solid AFL player who should play 100+ games.
As for tonight I think we can win if we can make the game tight but GC won't want it that way so it will boil down to our run, tackling and 1 percenters.
The VFL was a bit disappointing, Kerridge and Graham probably the only two who made a case for selection but we know what they've got and it's lacking something.
We need McKay, Buckley, Pickett and a few others to be putting their hands up.

The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #82
Macreadie having a shocker in the NB, looks very slow... is he carrying an injury?

Seems that went through the side at times.