Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 45574 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #30
Kenny Everrit... Kicked 2 also set up a shot for Waite. Looks big, strong and mobile.

And all in the best po-ssible taste!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
Watto has done some good stuff.  Buckley too, Boots will be lucky to get games this year. Cripps likes a hard ball ball, and Menzel will come of age this year.

February observations so far  :D

Blues 57
Roots 36
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #32
Carlton Reserves doing well.

Buckley, Watson, Bell, Menzel and Kenny have all done some nice things.

Not sure a Warnock/Wood ruck duo is going to be much fun to watch when the real stuff starts.

Reply #33
I'm enjoying the game thus far. The 2 W's (Watson and Wood) have done ok, as has the big E
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #34
stream somewhere guys?
my foxtel man is coming Thursday :(

Reply #35
Watto has done some good stuff.  Buckley too, Boots will be lucky to get games this year. Cripps likes a hard ball ball, and Menzel will come of age this year.

Blues 57
Roots 36

Get the feeling that Boots card is already marked Goat. We just couldn't find him a trade last year - be surprised if he's still around after this year.

Reply #36
stream somewhere guys?
my foxtel man is coming Thursday :(

Thru, if you e got an ipad go AFL APP and watch it. You may have to subscribe a weekly which will cost you about 5 bucks, or monthly which will cost you about 15 bucks. I just pay the whole year at 89 bucks and gets me access till this time in 2015.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #37

Blues 57
Roots 36

Get the feeling that Boots card is already marked Goat. We just couldn't find him a trade last year - be surprised if he's still around after this year.

Cookie, I agree with you. TBH I'm not enjoying watching him lope around out there

― Mark Twain

Reply #38
Everitt is picking himself in our best 22.
Menzel will be hard to keep out of it.
Watson has just about cemented himself in the backline and will allow Hendo to play up forward.

Wood is brilliant get for Mick and co at the bargain basement price of a rookie pick and is doing better than i expected.
Buckley is showing pace and agro, only a little bloke, but is a pure footballer.
Some bigger blokes who are not footballers and would not make my best 22 at present are Bell and Robbo. All heart, no skill/brains.

Reckon there will be some pretty decent players on our list who will not be guaranteed a game. Curnow, Cachia, Bell, Robinson, Graham, Cripps, Armfield, Buckley and Lucas are all fighting for 2 spots on the bench by my reckoning.

Reply #39
X2 @ Kruddler

― Mark Twain

Reply #40
Everitt is picking himself in our best 22.
Menzel will be hard to keep out of it.
Watson has just about cemented himself in the backline and will allow Hendo to play up forward.

Wood is brilliant get for Mick and co at the bargain basement price of a rookie pick and is doing better than i expected.
Buckley is showing pace and agro, only a little bloke, but is a pure footballer.
Some bigger blokes who are not footballers and would not make my best 22 at present are Bell and Robbo. All heart, no skill/brains.

Reckon there will be some pretty decent players on our list who will not be guaranteed a game. Curnow, Cachia, Bell, Robinson, Graham, Cripps, Armfield, Buckley and Lucas are all fighting for 2 spots on the bench by my reckoning.

That's a very good sign Krudds, makes my heart lift!

Reply #41
Nice goal from Bell there Krudds.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #42
Although I think Bell might be ok

But FM that attempt to spoil from Boots was weak

― Mark Twain

Reply #44
Nice win, more mature bodies were able to mount a comeback at the end of the game for North but I'd like to know how a North defender can wrap up Waite and have another come over the top every time.

Cameron Wood, good insurance can go forward take a grab and kick a goal, just like I said when we rookie him. Good pickup.

Everitt, nice first half read the ball well as a forward and provided a bit of run from back when in space but looked like a stunned mullet a couple of times in traffic. Good pick up.

Dylan Buckley played with real aggression and purpose on a very good opponent and did not look out of place, nice wheels and good kicking.

Troy Menzel played hard and with skill, like what he has to offer.

Tom Bell best game in a navy blue jumper, took the game on when he hard space, offloaded the ball when he didn't.

Matthew Watson - very good down back in the first half, pushed forward in the 3rd quarter and which left Rowe at Full Back.......

Sam Rowe - DUD! bad hands, little awareness and not quick enough.

Robbo - GUN! Better decision making early with fatigue saw a bit of the old Robbo kicks but an improvement on 2013.

As a team I was impressed, tackled well and with purpose, every man was looking to shepperd for team mates and when we got into space we looked very good.

A promising start seeing North was at near full strength and we were missing some serious pieces.