Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS (Read 34774 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #90
Havent seen the game, only the last 10 mins. A mate who was at the game reckons Fisher was running around like a headless chook all day. Thoughts from people who saw the game live or otherwise would be appreciated.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #91
Havent seen the game, only the last 10 mins. A mate who was at the game reckons Fisher was running around like a headless chook all day. Thoughts from people who saw the game live or otherwise would be appreciated.

I haven't seen the game either, but a mate who was there reckons he had heaps of 1%ers.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92

He's skinny and inexperienced but he's got skills and the right attitude, he'll have good and not so good days until he finds his feet.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #93
I haven't seen the game either, but a mate who was there reckons he had heaps of 1%ers.

Absolutely. You'd reckon a break-out game is not far off for ZF.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #94
He's skinny and inexperienced but he's got skills and the right attitude, he'll have good and not so good days until he finds his feet.

Fisher, cuningham, williamson et al lack the experience to run to position instinctively and so are often a second or two behind the pace. It results in the experienced players having to compensate a little, to withhold the hand ball a second or two later than they would like. Murphy, running like a maniac all day had a few moments where it seems he botched a pass. Yet he was often looking for a better option or an option in the right position. Its such a fast game that with a team of youngsters a few seconds behind the pace has a team effect.

Reply #95
Fisher, cuningham, williamson et al lack the experience to run to position instinctively and so are often a second or two behind the pace. It results in the experienced players having to compensate a little, to withhold the hand ball a second or two later than they would like. Murphy, running like a maniac all day had a few moments where it seems he botched a pass. Yet he was often looking for a better option or an option in the right position. Its such a fast game that with a team of youngsters a few seconds behind the pace has a team effect.

Yes, that's very true.  The experienced players have to work just that little bit harder and it may seem that they've made a poor decision or inaccurate disposal.  However, it will pay off in the near future as the youngsters get games under their belt.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #96
Yes, that's very true.  The experienced players have to work just that little bit harder and it may seem that they've made a poor decision or inaccurate disposal.  However, it will pay off in the near future as the youngsters get games under their belt.
My friends main criticism centred around ZF's one sidedness. He reckons he always goes to his left and gets caught when the the option to go to his right was there and would have escaped trouble. He doesnt rate him, I beg to differ as the kid (from what I have seen) has poise, a weapon of a left foot and h e also has speed and tackles well (although I think he only laid 1 yesterday). As I said to my friend, better a kid who has a terrific preferred side disposal and no non preferred side than spuds with no preferred or non-preferred disposal skills. ZF will be a ripper, needs time to adjust but I reckon he has exceeded expectations year 1 given his slight frame.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #97
David Cunningham nailed the Rising Star nomination for round 12.

Reply #98
My friends main criticism centred around ZF's one sidedness. He reckons he always goes to his left and gets caught when the the option to go to his right was there and would have escaped trouble. He doesnt rate him, I beg to differ as the kid (from what I have seen) has poise, a weapon of a left foot and h e also has speed and tackles well (although I think he only laid 1 yesterday). As I said to my friend, better a kid who has a terrific preferred side disposal and no non preferred side than spuds with no preferred or non-preferred disposal skills. ZF will be a ripper, needs time to adjust but I reckon he has exceeded expectations year 1 given his slight frame.

What is your mates thoughts on Simmo then?

Speaking of which. Simmo did let his 1-sidedness bite him on the butt when he was forced to have a shot on his right, on the run. It barely scored.  :-[

....but i think we can overlook that one given his career thus far. ;)

Reply #99
What is your mates thoughts on Simmo then?

Speaking of which. Simmo did let his 1-sidedness bite him on the butt when he was forced to have a shot on his right, on the run. It barely scored.  :-[

....but i think we can overlook that one given his career thus far. ;)

Paul Couch did OK as well.
Has Buddy got a right side?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #100
Re zf .... probably thinks he is a 18 yr old in his first season... fk some people stupid his makes some very good decisions and some poor ones as per his experience level ... skills are terrific

Reply #101
David Cunningham nailed the Rising Star nomination for round 12.

Would that be our David Cuningham with one N?

Well deserved and I expect we'll have a few more before long.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #102
Fisher will be fine, lots of lefties cant use their right but have great careers....the kid has smarts, is very aware in close and his only deficiency is lack of strength and size.
Dont see Simpson using his right ever but after 300 games he doesnt get caught much,  the average mug opposition player will always setup to defend most players as right footers anyway. Only the real defensive stoppers of high quality would have it in their memory that Fisher is left footed so he will get away with being a leftie only more often than not....