Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal (Read 31784 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal

Reply #15
..and he may have company :(

https://www.zerohanger.com/new-footage-shows-charlie-curnow-make-contact-with-an-umpire-19922/

I doubt we can take much notice of Zero Hanger, Charlie probably needs 3 votes for protecting the umpire, and CheatsFC should send him a letter of gratitude for preventing their morons from making unintentional careless contact.

The Zero Hanger crew need to worry more about Sheedy calling for the Cheats to play like Woosha, jumping early and hitting high I presume! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
I doubt we can take much notice of Zero Hanger.

They need to worry about Sheedy calling for the Cheats to play like Woosha, jumping early and hitting high I presume! ;D

Charlie's one was also highlighted on Game Day yesterday...so it's out there.
Anyway we should know soon enough.

Reply #17
Charlie's one was also highlighted on Game Day yesterday...so it's out there.
Anyway we should know soon enough.

CheatsFC should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by impersonating footballers! ;D

One thing I do not understand about modern umpiring is why they feel the need to get so close to players who are having a dispute. They can stand 3m away and do the job just as well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
CheatsFC should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by impersonating footballers! ;D

One thing I do not understand about modern umpiring is why they feel the need to get so close to players who are having a dispute. They can stand 3m away and do the job just as well.

There's another bizarre aspect to all this.

Obviously the AFL are trying to enforce that Umpire contact is not on...yet in all of these incidents over the last week no umpire has reported a player for making contact with him...and as far as I can see, have not even deemed it worth a free kick. ???

They know if they've been touched!

Reply #19
There's another bizarre aspect to all this.

Obviously the AFL are trying to enforce that Umpire contact is not on...yet in all of these incidents over the last week no umpire has reported a player for making contact with him...and as far as I can see, have not even deemed it worth a free kick.

They know if they've been touched!

Agreed, but the AFL must consider regional and suburban umpires. No umpires no footy.

I think Charlie is fine, I think Ed has a problem.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20

Agreed, i haven't seen the Ed footage but in Charlie's case the umpire was bizarrely close to the action....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #21
Looks like they're both going to the tribunal :(

'
"Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
9m9 minutes ago

Ed Curnow referred directly Tribunal, intentional contact umpire NWilliamson.
Jed Lamb can accept $1500, misconduct against MBaguley.
Charlie Curnow referred directly Tribunal, intentional contact umpire MStevic.
Jade Gresham can accept $1000, careless contact umpire JMollison."

Reply #22

Not surprised, I think well find a rash of this now as opposition fans scour game replays and post results on social media to ensure nothing slips by scrutiny!

At VAFA Unders level I saw a girl running drinks get reported once for touching an opposition player. She had jogged out to give her team a drink after a goal when an opponent approached the player who was taking a drink, a scuffle broke out with the drink runner stuck between them. They were 190cm x 90kg, and she was 160cm x 50kg, she basically had to push them apart to get out from between them and the VAFA booked her for making deliberate contact with an opponent and gave her a three week ban. It was ludicrous, but I understand why they had to do it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23

'
"Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
9m9 minutes ago

Ed Curnow referred directly Tribunal, intentional contact umpire NWilliamson.
Jed Lamb can accept $1500, misconduct against MBaguley.
Charlie Curnow referred directly Tribunal, intentional contact umpire MStevic.
Jade Gresham can accept $1000, careless contact umpire JMollison."

Cripps has also been fined for making careless contact with Glouftsis.

One thing I've noticed a couple of times is when Eleni throws the ball up too quickly can sometimes throw it slightly backwards over her head, then she runs backwards under the ball drop getting in the players way.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Surely Charlies doesn't warrant a ban? Was as minor a touch as you can do.

We just seem to always cop the raw end.....first win of the year and 2 days later we almost certainly will lose our best 2 players in the win for at least the next match

If injuries don't cruel us you can bank on something occurring. Cant take a trick.

Reply #25
Surely Charlies doesn't warrant a ban? Was as minor a touch as you can do.

We just seem to always cop the raw end.....first win of the year and 2 days later we almost certainly will lose our best 2 players in the win for at least the next match

If injuries don't cruel us you can bank on something occurring. Cant take a trick.

So much of this is driven by the media, and the media is infested with CheatsFC apologists.

So do you think it's accidental that the contact between Cripps, C.Curnow and E.Curnow and the umpires has been highlighted?

Even so the decisions are correct.

Only thing, a mate tells me Glouftsis was clipped in the shoulder by a CheatsFC player in the last quarter as she ran backwards after a ball up, and that hasn't been cited!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
How we play it will be interesting.

They may have a case that it was careless rather than intentional, certainly in Charlie's case.
So one option is to fight it...fraught with danger in terms of a greater penalty.

If they take the guilty plea you would expect a week...but given it happened a week after the Hawkins one they may make it two because the players didn't learn from that initial penalty.

The May decision when it comes through might give us a clue as the best way to go.

Reply #27
The only reason to fight it is if the club feels a profound injustice has occurred, or if we are a chance for finals. Otherwise, why risk it ? Take the week and get it over with. There's no way any appeal will succeed.

Reply #28

Compare the *&^%ing pair!!  Who is more disrespectful to the umpire....Ed, Charlie or Sook Sicily? (Approached the umpire after the siren, Abusive language and continued for quite a while.) The umpire was fairly gutless not to report him anyway.

Reply #29
Seems May might have had his charge downgraded and will get off with a fine.

Charlie, at least,should take his chances and plead careless rather than intentional.
Ed probably doesn't have  a great deal to lose either.