Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal (Read 31582 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal

Reply #240
I like Danger, but he's pushing his luck in recent times. Just let your footy do the talking and leave the gobbing off for your post football media career.

I reckon he just doesn't like Ed. What are the chances that Ed Curnow has played on him in the past and been a right royal pest about it?

Reply #241
Disgraceful decision that totally ignored the AFL's own rules for how a successful appeal should be assessed....

"Hocking said the AFL had appealed both of the financial sanctions on the grounds that:

* no Tribunal acting reasonably could have come to that decision having regard to the evidence before it
* the sanction imposed was manifestly inadequate."

As a matter of law, I would presume that both elements are necessary, not either.

As to the first requirement, well it appears the Appeal Board (or whatever they're coined) simply ignored this entirely - and it is strongly refuted by the May decision, let alone common sense.

The second arm - was it "manifestly inadequate"? Well, hard to argue that one too in the light of the May decision (which I gather the Appeals Board managed to ignore entirely too)  and in light of countless other incidents of contact that were never even taken to the Tribunal.

Conclusion? Carp decision with no legal or administrative basis.

I can only presume given CFC's lame response, they were spoken to ahead of time and were told to take it on the chin for whatever reason.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #242
I reckon he just doesn't like Ed. What are the chances that Ed Curnow has played on him in the past and been a right royal pest about it?

Sooo, Danger is just being Catty?  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #245

Would have been teamates at one point wouldn't they?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #247
I like Danger, but he's pushing his luck in recent times. Just let your footy do the talking and leave the gobbing off for your post football media career.

Yep. A damn good footballer, but, as a man, a grub. >:(
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #248
Perhaps he just sees Ed as a Danger to the Field umpires?
:))
Got himself into quite a Paddy over it in fact.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #250
i put in a comment on The Age's Peter Ryan's article yesterday - pointing out that the AFL hadn't been consistent at all (despite Ryan's assertion to the contrary) in recent weeks and how had everyone suddenly gone quiet, dead quiet, on the May incident.

Just checked then - hasn't been allowed up!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #251
Not surprised at all by that

Reply #252
On Wednesday night, Geelong superstar and AFL Players' Association president Patrick Dangerfield labelled the Tribunal's decision to clear Ed Curnow of intentional umpire contact "farcical" in the wake of Cats spearhead Tom Hawkins' one-match suspension on the same charge.

Thanks Danger and good on you for looking after your fellow player in your role as pres of the players association and now defacto tribunal advisor.....
I wonder if Danger played for Carlton instead of Geelong if he still thought only fining the Curnows was farcical. Hmmm, I wonder!!
Flog.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #253
Dangerfield should be made to stand down....no place to comment givenhis position.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #254
Dangerfield should be made to stand down....no place to comment givenhis position.
Exactly. Its what makes Juddy head and shoulders above the rest IMO. Brilliant footballer but also an astute, well spoken and unbiased football person. As a Carlton person, he could have cut loose on TFS tonight. Instead, he was measured, rational and played a straight bat. Danger is a great footballer but thats about it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time