Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 7895 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #75
Apparently they're only expecting 60,000 despite the 75,000 capacity.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #76
Apparently they're only expecting 60,000 despite the 75,000 capacity.

It is a thursday night....with average weather....and a convoluted way of releasing tickets.

Reply #77
Much (arguably at this point, way TOO much) has been said about where we finish at year's end.  Before round two.

But how about the fortunes of those who are considered certainties?

I can see five.  The rest of the eight are up for grabs.  But as sure as hell and taxes, there will be changes. 

Guess it's ingrained in all of us to speculate, but this soon?  Ummm ... no.

Reply #78
It is a thursday night....with average weather....and a convoluted way of releasing tickets.

Agreed, I could have got level 4 tickets but have chosen not to go as I'd rather watch on TV.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #79

Thursday night isn’t an option for me ... unless I stay in the city ... and Mrs DJC wouldn’t be happy ... or would she 🤔🙂😇
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #80
127 wins a piece, we lose to them and its the first time since forever they will be positive vs us. Not an option Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #81
Spare weapon in the knife block GTC ... not that I think many current players give a toss.

Reply #82
Spare weapon in the knife block GTC ... not that I think many current players give a toss.

I grew up with us having a positive record on everyone. When the new teams came in, only PA and Freo had the wood on us. I cannot stomach the Filth going positive ledger on us.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #83
I'm not confident tonight, I fear we aren't yet polished enough to pull of Teague's game plan!

I hoping like hell my doubts are unequivocally wrong!

Not sure Walsh can back up that sort of punishing physical effort week after week yet, he took a battering last Thursday. The Filth actually have a bigger heavier bodied midfield, although slower than Nthmond it won't be any easier, and Grundy if on is a step up in ruck class over Nankervis. De Goey is a bit of a big game player, and it's is his 100th I believe!

Adding Williams and Martin is nice, but I fear it was probably a De Koning that we need, a mobile ruck who can hit the scoreboard.

I'm not sure what the weather does for our chances, we aren't really elite ball users so that part isn't a loss, but we aren't elite clean around the footy either and fumbling opens the gateway for opponents. I suspect guys like Pendles, Sidebottom, De Goey, Adams have us covered in the wet, we are probably lucky they have swapped a few older bigger bodies like Greenwood for some kids around the ground. Moore tore us a new one last time we played if I recall!

It could be a draw!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #84
http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

The weather report says 0-2mm of rain, less likely in the evening. Hopefully the surface dries in time for kick off.

Pies are vulnerable at the moment. Our line up is pretty decent tonight, although I'm disappointed LoB was dropped. If we can't beat them tonight, I'm not sure finishing 8th or 9th is realistic.

Reply #85
I expect nothing less than a win tonight. No excuses even of the Sidebottom type.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #86
I'm more confident about tonight than I was this time last week.

We aren't playing a side that's as a well-oiled machine as the Tiggers are.

Williams is an important midfield addition... and swapping him for LOB is like a 12 pt goal.

Our biggest issue will be the same as last week in terms of general match-ups/play at the midfield bounce-ups - the Tiggers absolutely tore us a new one there last week, and if Grundy and Co. hit their straps that potential still exists. Last week it was Cripps & Walsh v the rest... and Crippa tired somewhat after half time. Hopefully Williams has an impact in that area, Ed tightens up, Pitto makes it tough for Grundy to dictate terms, or our mids get smart and read Grundy and even rove to him.

The De Goey match-up will also be critical.

Imperatives: NO allowing Rottingwood one of our, now famous, 4-7 goal run-ons. Last week we allowed the Tiggers 4 unanswered goals to finish the 2nd qtr.

We must bring a persistent ruthlessness, ie, if we find ourselves in front - increase the lead, then repeat... consistently.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #87
I'm more confident about tonight than I was this time last week.

We aren't playing a side that's as a well-oiled machine as the Tiggers are.

Williams is an important midfield addition... and swapping him for LOB is like a 12 pt goal.

Our biggest issue will be the same as last week in terms of general match-ups/play at the midfield bounce-ups - the Tiggers absolutely tore us a new one there last week, and if Grundy and Co. hit their straps that potential still exists. Last week it was Cripps & Walsh v the rest... and Crippa tired somewhat after half time. Hopefully Williams has an impact in that area, Ed tightens up, Pitto makes it tough for Grundy to dictate terms, or our mids get smart and read Grundy and even rove to him.

The De Goey match-up will also be critical.

Imperatives: NO allowing Rottingwood one of our, now famous, 4-7 goal run-ons. Last week we allowed the Tiggers 4 unanswered goals to finish the 2nd qtr.

We must bring a persistent ruthlessness, ie, if we find ourselves in front - increase the lead, then repeat... consistently.

I'd suggest a 30 point goal. Especially with the other Jack back in too.

Two huge ins for us....

We'll have to try hard to lose this one....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #88
I'd suggest a 30 point goal. Especially with the other Jack back in too.

Two huge ins for us....

We'll have to try hard to lose this one....

Like your confidence FB
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #89
I just can't see Collingwood getting within 5 goals. We are better than them all over the ground.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!