Skip to main content
Topic: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match (Read 48733 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match

Reply #106
hey..,what about me C:-) C:-) C:-)

You are just not following the prescribed wisdom Mossie - the propaganda machine is relentless and you will pay in karma! Goebbels was an amateur!  ;) :))
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #107
You are just not following the prescribed wisdom Mossie - the propaganda machine is relentless and you will pay in karma! Goebbels was an amateur!  ;) :))

i was never a participant in group think, so its a badge of honor ;D  :)) C:-) O0

Reply #108
They have both come to Carlton with the wrong attitudes and for the wrong reasons. They have both become frustrated and impatient and have been unable to behave or coach rationally. The only bloke that came with the right attitude and for the right reason was going fine until he was sacked. The whole thing has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the coach.

You've a terrific sense of humour. ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #109
God, I seriously underestimated how bad we are when I predicted us losing by 10 goals. Didn't go but I'll be taking my medicine this Friday night. Can't be helped. Promised people, yada, yada. Anyway, as I said I didn't go but I just saw the highlights reel on the footy show and unfortunately the 'm going all out and making the call now. Unless the coach gets the flick this week we will go down by +100. Make no mistake.

Reply #110
God, I seriously underestimated how bad we are when I predicted us losing by 10 goals. Didn't go but I'll be taking my medicine this Friday night. Can't be helped. Promised people, yada, yada. Anyway, as I said I didn't go but I just saw the highlights reel on the footy show and unfortunately the 'm going all out and making the call now. Unless the coach gets the flick this week we will go down by +100. Make no mistake.

You know what really worries me - what if we were to ditch the coach this week, could you guarantee we wouldn't lose by 100+ anyway?

Reply #111
That's your call, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Wooden spoons--------5th--------back heading to a wooden spoon.

That make any sense?

Guess who got us 5th. Guess who dropped us to the bottom. There's no argument, you can't argue with the final arbitrator, the results. We didn't kill off two of the greatest coaches of all time, they did it themselves with poor, outdated methods. doesn't matter how good you are, the game changes and if you don't keep up you go from great to poor very quickly. Rodney Eade is learning that quickly too.

Reply #112
You've a terrific sense of humour. ;)

He's right though. Actually the only one of them you thought wasn't any good and wanted him to get the sack was easily the most successful. Lose the players you lose the lot.

Reply #113
You know what really worries me - what if we were to ditch the coach this week, could you guarantee we wouldn't lose by 100+ anyway?

We need to see them trying as a starting point. Results later, right now it's all in the toilet.

Reply #114
This.
Pagan took North to 12 consecutive finals appearances and two premierships with no money, poxy facilities and bugger all members, he built a gun side from the ground up.
Malthouse has succeeded at three separate clubs taking two of them to premierships, his last at Collingwood with a team of battlers with a sprinkling of top line talent.
Yet they both get to Carlton and our players won't play for them, you have to ask yourself why we are so different and whether the difference is why we have failed for over a decade and continue to fail.
It's about time we stopped looking for scapegoats and looked at ourselves in the mirror if you ask me.
Yes, and like the Picture of Dorian Gray, we will not like what we see.
However, there seems to be some sense coming out of the leaders' offices, so I can hope. But our on field woes need serious surgery and soon.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #115
Makes perfect sense, I just described it in the previous post. You're not going to sit there and tell me either of the two coaches you mentioned took their respective jobs for the right reasons are you? Or that they walked into the club prepared for the task at hand? That they have shown humility or been willing to accept any of the blame? That they have displayed any patience with the playing group? They they brought over anything that resembled a decent gameplan? No they've done nothing of the sort, and here is the end result. The only bloke that actually DID something you AMAZINGLY put the blame on and say was the worst of the lot!!

If everything you say about Pagan and Malthouse is true then how and why did they get the job in the first place?
We must have the most incompetent, dysfunctional administration in the history of the game to make such monumental blunders, yet according to you there's no problem at the club and it's all down to Mick.
Not only the above, but also according to you we sacked the only bloke who was doing a good job.
The only way your scenario can add up is if the CFC is the most amateurish organisation in world sport, which I readily concede is a possibility.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #116
Guess who got us 5th.

Malthouse got us to 6th and we finished 10th in Ratten's last year, but so what?
We were never a threat under Ratten no matter what his boosters say, and now we are paying the price for 15 years of abysmal recruiting.
Jock McHale, Ron Barassi and Leigh Matthews combined couldn't conjure wins out of the sorry group we send out on the weekend.
Sack the coach by all means, I'm past caring, but if you think things will turn around in a couple of years you're deluded.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #117
Malthouse got us to 6th and we finished 10th in Ratten's last year, but so what?
We were never a threat under Ratten no matter what his boosters say, and now we are paying the price for 15 years of abysmal recruiting.
Jock McHale, Ron Barassi and Leigh Matthews combined couldn't conjure wins out of the sorry group we send out on the weekend.
Sack the coach by all means, I'm past caring, but if you think things will turn around in a couple of years you're deluded.

Bravo. Could not agree more.

Reply #118
We were never a threat under Ratten no matter what his boosters say, and now we are paying the price for 15 years of abysmal recruiting

We also weren't the worst team going around - which looks like the crown we could have going by the current scores in the Brisbane game.

Reply #119
We'll never know what Ratten could have done
We sacked him
Once you do that you lose your ability to make a call
(Unless your Nostradamus)

You can't just assume he wouldn't have learned and improved as the years went by.